RBTA pieces

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Octupus

Octupus
Good evening fellow reefers,
few months back, i posted that my RBTA was shedding parts. Few folks responded saying it can't be and that RBTA don't split like that. I doubted myself saying maybe it was something else that just looked like an RBTA. However, today I saw it and took a picture of it. An actual piece of the RBTA tenacle floating around. This is not the first time i see it. Any ideas if this is one way of splitting? Thank you

Good evening fellow reefers,
few months back, i posted that my RBTA was shedding parts. Few folks responded saying it can't be and that RBTA don't split like that. I doubted myself saying maybe it was something else that just looked like an RBTA. However, today I saw it and took a picture of it. An actual piece of the RBTA tenacle floating around. This is not the first time i see it. Any ideas if this is one way of splitting? Thank you

Is this the RBTA you bought from me about 6 months ago or so? Just curious...

Do you have any powerheads in the tank? It may of split and one of the splits got up into the powerhead and well got chopped in it. It is very easy for them to float up and get sucked into a powerhead.

My RBTA will lose tentacles from time to time like this. I've seen what causes it with mine. He's a particularly sticky little suck and every now and again he'll stick a tentacle to a rock and just the motion of the flow he's in will tear the tentacle off as the crown sways back and forth. Hasn't ever seemed to harm it.

Back