Reed's new start

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

well well !!very nice looking tank now,,just can't wait to see when it 6 months to a year from now:),,BTW your frags turn out very nicly,,where are you get them from ..

well well !!very nice looking tank now,,just can't wait to see when it 6 months to a year from now:),,BTW your frags turn out very nicly,,where are you get them from ..

Thanks Dang! Means a lot coming from you. The delicate one was from Tracy (little fishes on RF) and the other is from Duane (Trido). Glad they are looking good for you. I'm excited to see how they grow out in your tank.

been a while so I wanted to post an update. Things are really starting to come together. Parameters are stable now, corraline is starting to grow and macro algae is dieing off. I plan to add a refugium soon and remove the PO4 media to see how that works.

on to the pics....

been a while so I wanted to post an update. Things are really starting to come together. Parameters are stable now, corraline is starting to grow and macro algae is dieing off. I plan to add a refugium soon and remove the PO4 media to see how that works.

on to the pics....

Ah, you old sps'er, I knew you still had it in you!!!!;);););)

lol....thanks guys. I know I'm getting old....the sps is just a by-product of patience...which only came as I got old. At least some benefits.

A few more pics of the corals. Have some algae growth, but the corals are still looking good. GFO in to take that PO4 out and I should be good.

Tank is in transformation to a more LPS/Softy dominated tank. Thanks to several people for their trades I am making very good progress and am really liking what I see. Let me know what you think.

Thanks to DBM Reef, SeattlesDarko, tuanp, and Trido for their generosity.

A little update.....full on move to the LPS/softy world (though Dang is still telling me I will never leave the dark side - SPS). I am loving to look of the tank and am very happy that I have moved this way. Enjoy the pics and offer any critiques you have to offer. After all this time I am still learning so much from my fellow reefers.

Back