Reef Mystique = great

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Donovan

Maybe this doesn't belong here but...I didn't even know this place existed - stopped in there tonight - what a great store - extremely clean and organized - beautiful tanks, and the livestock looked great.

Chromis for 4 bucks..and I picked up a beautiful 5 inch clown trigger for 50 bucks...

Lots of reef tanks - if you got the chance head up to Lake Stevens and check this place out. Great prices, great service, and really nice selection of corals and fish. yeah I know, kinda sounds like an advertisment but I was really impressed!

-Donovan

Agree totally... I stopped in for the first time Monday and Will was closed but happened to be inside. He opened the door for me and I was very impressed. I especially loved his 400gal island tank with center overflow. I dream of filling my 250gal island tank with animals such as his!

Chromis for 4$!?! How big were they?

I really need to find some good medium-to-large (but not XL,XXL) chromis
I want get a school going (my solo chromis looks pretty sad alone at the top of the tank...)

Oh and a bump for Reef Mystique, Will has some great looking tanks up there!

Barrier Reef had a few large or XL chromis when I was in there about a week and a half ago for $15 each. They were nice looking fish if you're into the big ones.

I picked up 9 small ones at Denny's Pet World last week for $5 apiece. I have them in quarantine but no signs of anything bad yet; all eating like pigs.

where is this barrier reef place?
I have never been to reef mystique but i think im going to go there today and check it out.

Maybe this doesn't belong here but...I didn't even know this place existed - stopped in there tonight - what a great store - extremely clean and organized - beautiful tanks, and the livestock looked great.

Chromis for 4 bucks..and I picked up a beautiful 5 inch clown trigger for 50 bucks...

Lots of reef tanks - if you got the chance head up to Lake Stevens and check this place out. Great prices, great service, and really nice selection of corals and fish. yeah I know, kinda sounds like an advertisment but I was really impressed!

-Donovan
I was there last night as well, I was the other guy in the store while you were buying your chromis :D Wil has some great stuff and great prices.

Hi Leon,

We are right between Renton and Bellevue (Newcastle) one block east of I-405. Take Exit 7 (44th Stret Exit) and go one block east. Turn right into the McDonalds parking lot. We are behind McDonalds and Impressions Dentistry. Our forum here at RF has more details.

I don't know about "great prices", Will is definately at the top range of the market, but his store is nice and the lifestock seems to be healthy.

That said, I still left $180 in his wallet after buying a few things.

Anyone want to buy some of my huge Zoo laden rocks? $80 his price, or $30 mine.

Barrier Reef had a few large or XL chromis when I was in there about a week and a half ago for $15 each. They were nice looking fish if you're into the big ones.

I picked up 9 small ones at Denny's Pet World last week for $5 apiece. I have them in quarantine but no signs of anything bad yet; all eating like pigs.

Oh, yeah I saw those massive XXL chromis at BarRef....
(too big for my 80 gallon--I think if I had a school of those beasts in my tank, I'd probably lose 5 gallons of water due to splashing during feeding time!):lol:

Of course then the flip-side was the chromis at BlueSierra (they got a new shipment in last week) TINY little guys!
I actually walked by them twice wondering "where are all the chromis??" before I realized there was a whole tank full of "nano-chromis"

But you say you got some at Denny's, huh?--that's my neck o' the woods!
I haven't been there in a month or two (last i went was the day after their big sale, and it all looked.... well... sad.)
Maybe I'll pop in there tonight and have a looksy.
Thanks Slick!

Yeah Denny's is really hit or miss. I try to stop by when I'm in the area, you never know what you're going to find (or not find). They had a tank full of chromis last week, probably still some left.

-Donovan

Thanks for the kind words and your post - appreciate you and your brother making the trip!

I don't know about "great prices", Will is definately at the top range of the market, but his store is nice and the lifestock seems to be healthy.

That said, I still left $180 in his wallet after buying a few things.

Anyone want to buy some of my huge Zoo laden rocks? $80 his price, or $30 mine.

$30.00 for a rock in a unknown system, I would and will go with reef mystique. Just me.:D
Top range?? were do you shop? I the majority of his stuff priced awesome

He does have high end stuff but most of the corals there are reasonably priced imo. Its a business so its going to be priced higher than an individual selling out of his tank, but 45-55 for a good portion of the corals is not too bad.

I think his prices seemed fair and he seems to like to give "first time customer" Discounts. I love the giant clam. Not sure what species but dman that's big. I have made the trip up three times from seattle. He has a great selection. Keep it up Will

ok i have visited Reef mystique and Barrier reef and so far they both seemed really good BUT i like more Barrier Reef (no joke but it's the first fish store that i Actually like ), i'd rather spend an hour driving down there than going to Reef mystique (20 mins away from my house :lol:)but that's just me :p :D .

What do you like about Barrier Reef? I haven't been there but I've been to Reef Mystique and liked it a lot.

Okay so there's 2 new, great stores North and South--when is THE EASTside going to get a cool new shop!?!!!:(

FWIW: I've been to BarReef 3 times, and ReefMyst only once.

My head votes for ReefMyst--(because Will's tanks are the most beautiful that I have seen!)
(But I've bought more at BarReef) So My Wallet votes for BarReef (or SWC):rolleyes: ...

Okay so there's 2 new, great stores North and South--when is THE EASTside going to get a cool new shop!?!!!:(

FWIW: I've been to BarReef 3 times, and ReefMyst only once.

My head votes for ReefMyst--(because Will's tanks are the most beautiful that I have seen!)
(But I've bought more at BarReef) So My Wallet votes for BarReef (or SWC):rolleyes: ...

Out of curiousity.. why have you purchased more at Barrier Reef? better prices? had the corals you were looking for? any reason in particular?

What do you like about Barrier Reef? I haven't been there but I've been to Reef Mystique and liked it a lot.

My last visit to ReefMystique (and maybe Will's setup has changed--I know he added an SPS tank, and maybe a clam tank, since I've been there....)
but when I went he didn't have anything written (names, prices, etc.) on the tanks!
So EVERYTHING looked like a display tank, and you could really see the beauty in the tanks--but it didn't feel like "a store" to me....

Whereas I've been to BR a few times, and IMO they're "not-quite there-yet"...
(They have the 1 super-cool Elos tank setup, but the rest of their display tanks are still works-in-progress...)

And their selection can be...lacking. (which is actually GOOD!)
Because they buy great stuff,
and sell it at great prices,
and so it... well... SELLS!
(Sometimes they're just plain out of what I'm looking for because someone else got a great deal before me....)

Which is better IMO, than being like some of the other local shops around....
where you see the same corals in the same tank every weekend, and nobody's buying it...

Back