Remora Pro

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Jiddy

Im goin to be buyin a Remora Pro for my 90g and i will be gettin the skim box too, i was wonderin if someone could tell me what the drain fittin package on it was, i see that its like $30 more to have the drain fittin installed on it? THanks

That drain fitting fitting package is a modification so you could drain the fluids from the collection cup into a larger container so you don't have to empty it as often and if you added some additive like maybe amquel or some buffer your skimmer cup might fill up allot faster after adding that and if you leave for more than 1 or 2 days you could have a mess if this drain is not there I had one It just looked visually un appealing being so big and black plus i did not get the skim box and the top of my tank looked very dirty until I made a powerhead swirl the top I am much happier with my sump but I understand It may be cheaper and easier to not get one I've had it both ways hope my comments were helpful :)

I have a remora pro that i am using in sump. I think it is a great skimmer. I would not get the drain fitting because the cup needs to be cleaned often to keep the skimmer working at its best, the gunk that builds up in the inside if the neck really slows the foam down. I always clean the whole cup when i empty it so i dont lose performance. I also clean the injector about every two weeks, it seems to help also. Also , make sure you get the Mag pump, its far superior to the Rio.

An In sump model would be better then you would not need the skimmer cup it's pointless then but I agree and disagree withflip 3 6 0 yes on cleaning it often butno on going without a drain fitting my point is for those times you go camping for overnight and your not there to empty it and skimmers can overskim the collection cup's capacity if an additive is added (my hang on remora pro did) also you still can clean it often it just a wonder convenience and if your buying a new model it's not really that much more :)

Back