Rescue Fish

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I talked to him and he actually has the book, but it's at his house. He said he'll bring it in, so I will check back.

Sweet! :eek2: Thanks Jonathan. If you get it back from him it is a very cool book and worth a read. Feel free to check it out as I'm sure it will take a while to figure out how to hook up with ya. (other than giving it to Erik @ the Shark Reef, I see him at the airport every couple weeks)

Thanks again.

I hope they do well, and I know if Russ has an issue, he will get in touch and we will work it out.

actually,
the Cardinal has a bulging eye now,
he's eating well, and getting less shy

that clown is a trip. so shy about people but definitely defending its "territory". If it becomes a problem, bring it back.

the clown seems to be doing fine, likes re-aranging the gravel/rock in the tank.
and seems to like beating the fuzzy dwarf lion's to the ghost shrimp. (that guy will eat anything)

bug eyes eh? may just be the age but make sure it is getting enough good quality food. Glad the clown is doing well. It was always very healthy at my place, but rarely came out of hiding when I was in the tank room.

Anything to report on these rescue fish? Any recent pics to pass along to the previous owner?

Anything to report on these rescue fish? Any recent pics to pass along to the previous owner?

The big clown is doing great, he's in charge of his tank.
he's getting expensive tho, he really likes getting to the feeder shrimp before the fuzzy dwarf lion's

as well, the 2 damsels are doing well.
seem to enjoy there home

on a sad note,
the Pajama Cardinal died last week,
not sure what happened...
he had popeye in one eye for the last couple weeks.
but was still active and feeding
still hiding alot tho.

then one day last week, I noticed I hadn't seen him in a day or two.
the next day, my girlfriend found him (stuck to a powerhead that was behind my rock wall, not an area I had seen him swimming before. altho he seemed to like swimming behind another powerhead in the front of my tank.)

bug eyes eh? may just be the age but make sure it is getting enough good quality food. Glad the clown is doing well. It was always very healthy at my place, but rarely came out of hiding when I was in the tank room.

I think he almost eats from ryan's hand

well, I wouldn't take the Pajama too hard. I have a feeling it was fairly old anyway and had just been too traumatized to fully recover. We gave it a good shot but he was clearly the weakest of all those fish.

That clown must have been scared of me then.

:lol: perhaps. I guess the swearing and sputtering would scare any fish except for that damn maroon.

BTW, I meant to mention that a CBB is probably not a good idea for your tank. These fish typically have short lives in captivity being specialty eaters. In my case I have an endless supply of food for one, but in yours I am afraid, one would not last long.

not good enough. a baby one will devour all the aiptasia and feathers in your tank in just a few days. I know they look cool, which is why they are widely available, but their survival rate is horrible.

Not trying to rain on your parade, just an FYI.

not good enough. a baby one will devour all the aiptasia and feathers in your tank in just a few days. I know they look cool, which is why they are widely available, but their survival rate is horrible.

Not trying to rain on your parade, just an FYI.

I have seen people talk of CBB's that would eat flake food (as long as other fish didn't get it first)

I was also looking at some of those slugs that eat aiptasia
http://shop.berghia4aiptasia.com/main.sc

could you use some?
I don't need a whole bunch (or at least don't think I do)

no. berghia, IMO, are like throwing money down the toilet. they don't live long, they are difficult to propagate, cost a lot of money, and move like molasses. For your situation, I would try REAL peppermint shrimp. There are a lot of shrimp sold in the hobby as such, but there is only one that actually eats aiptasia. Then you have to cut your feeding so they are forced to eat them.

Back