ro/di filter changing

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

as1720

Female Hermit crab
So i have the new filters but they look a little different. I got this unit used, but it has 6 units and is calles a water general rd-102.

So it looks like i have 2 carbon block water filters in there now.

This is what i got new,
1 carbon block water filter
1 1-micron filter carteridge
1 mixed bed dionized carteridge
1 Reverse Osmosis Membrane Element
1 bag of the resin stuff.

So which order do i put these new ones in? i have no idea how this thing works i just managed to take the old ones out and i know i need to put the new ones in but i dont want to do it wrong.

Google 'Water general RD-102' Should find all the info you need to replace the filters. Water General site also has user manuals. The part that is leaking appears to be a check valve. Not being from your area I would not know if you could get one locally but you might try a place that sells water softeners. Good luck.

That part just needs to be screwed tighter and it will be fine. Carbon goes in the first 2 clear cannisters the micron in the 3rd clear cannister. RO membrane goes in the solid white cannister and the di resins in the clear cannisters. Make sense? I have the same unit.

My unit is all clear, i just need to know which order these three need to go in if any.

The part that is leaking has a crack in it i have to get a new one i put some plumbers tape on it and it is working till i get a new one.

1 carbon block water filter
1 1-micron filter carteridge
1 mixed bed dionized carteridge

Last edited:
Did you see the pic I attached? Doesn't matter if the cannister is clear or a solid color the order in the pic I attached will work for you.

Did you see the pic I attached? Doesn't matter if the cannister is clear or a solid color the order in the pic I attached will work for you.

Normally the micron Pre-filter is first, then carbon, not the other way around. This will add life to your carbon filters some!

ok thanks i think i got it now. lol I bookemarked the site so hopefully i wont have anymore dumb questions. lol

The only 'dumb' question is the unasked question. It's how we all got where we are today. Good luck.

The part that is leaking is your flow restricter. Try the filter guys for your parts, not sure if they carry the parts for your particular brand of RODI unit.

Back