ro/di ?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

daytonaconnecti

i recieved a coralife ro/di from santa :) last week, it said to discard the first 10 gal before using it, i did that, then i did a 5 gal change, with new water,after that in a few days i noticed slight green tent on the glass, i cleaned it off and continuied to use the water for top off, after a few days iam seeing patches of green hair algea, my ? is is this due to the water iam making, or just the tank is cycling,,, feeding every other day, with formula one, just what they can eat in a few mins...

are you dosing pytohplankton, and what is your phosphate level... normally ina cycle you get brown diatom algea, I notice if I overdose Kent pythoplankton and or pythoplex, or microvert I tend to get a powder green algea film on the glass.. basically from excess nutrients.. Jeff

probably just the tank cycling, mine did that too, though i don't use ro/di but my tang took care of it. most cycling tanks get undesired algae, the more you take it out the more the good ones will take over, like jeff said phyto did that to me a bit too, i use water conditioner which says it does the same thing, but i'm unsure of it,
Andrew

just doing water changes, and no additives...recently went to bb from 4yr old cc....it is a powdery green on the glass, and one patch of green hair..

Back