Roscoe's 270g build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

When are you going to start the "big" transfer of your corals?

Well Charlie that is a delema that I am dealing with right now. I will be a dad in January. It has been on my mind that I either would need to downsize or take a break from the hobby for a couple years once she arrives. I know I won't have time to properly take care of a full blown SPS tank and a new born at least for the 1st couple years of my girl being here. If I don't downsize or take a break from it I will just make this more of a fish tank with some nice hardy LPS for a couple years until I get back into the swing of things. So on that note I might be selling off some of me nice SPS colonies from the 40b but don't quote me on that just yet I'm not committed to selling them just yet. So if there is something you or anyone like just PM me and I will reserve it for you or who ever if I do decide to let them go to new homes.

Hey if you have nothing to contribute to this BS build thread. Don't say nothing:lol::lol::lol::lol: J/K

Hey Adam I'm not committed to my ideas yet but will inform those closest to me 1st.

Blah, blah, blah, blah..............................

Don't forget to take pics man, we need a new update on the 40 anyways. You know how Adam and I are about pics:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Just one kid, you'll have time ; ) Don't give up just yet. How are the corals doin these days.

Just one kid, you'll have time ; ) Don't give up just yet. How are the corals doin these days.

Yeah just one but my 1st so you know. The corals in my 40b are doing great! I'm not giving up just don't think I would have time for a SPS tank.

Good stuff man. I have one boy. It was rough once he started walking, so 1yr-2yrs was the tough part. Now that he's 5 its cake, and he has a tank of his own : ) You can make it through with a sps tank just fine. Just automate everything as best as you can. thats what i did.

ps: Let me know before you rid your sps's : ) if you go that route

Good stuff man. I have one boy. It was rough once he started walking, so 1yr-2yrs was the tough part. Now that he's 5 its cake, and he has a tank of his own : ) You can make it through with a sps tank just fine. Just automate everything as best as you can. thats what i did.
Ditto............. After the initial getting used to having a baby in the house and the paniced "is the baby OK" ER visits. Its really not that tough having a baby in the house. Now That my son is six, Im finding less time to obsess over the tank. Cub scouts, camping, fishing, homework, friends etc. Trust me, you'll need an escape from the crying......

ps: Let me know before you rid your sps's : ) if you go that route

Ditto............. After the initial getting used to having a baby in the house and the paniced "is the baby OK" ER visits. Its really not that tough having a baby in the house. Now That my son is six, Im finding less time to obsess over the tank. Cub scouts, camping, fishing, homework, friends etc. Trust me, you'll need an escape from the crying......

Thanks for the words guys. I will try to automate everything I can. I really havn't made my mind up on what will be best for me and my family. My little 40b took so much of my time and don't want the big tank to take anytime from my new born. I hardly have time to get anything done around the house as it is now without a child.

I heard throught the grape vine that you've broke down the 40 and put everything into the BIG TANK. I'm sure its a desicion you wont regret..

PICS PLEASE.........

I heard throught the grape vine that you've broke down the 40 and put everything into the BIG TANK. I'm sure its a desicion you wont regret..

PICS PLEASE.........

Yes yes I did. The 40 is officially down and the BIG TANK is officially a reef tank. Everything is doing great in there! I reaquascaped for a more open look. I will get pics up on the 1st. I want to start a Monthly Tank Progression Journal thread so I can see how things do on a monthly basis. So I figured I will start it in November so it will be esier to remember to take pics at the 1st of every month.

Yes yes I did. The 40 is officially down and the BIG TANK is officially a reef tank. Everything is doing great in there! I reaquascaped for a more open look. I will get pics up on the 1st. I want to start a Monthly Tank Progression Journal thread so I can see how things do on a monthly basis. So I figured I will start it in November.

Great idea roscoe, that is basically what I do also. That and the fact that I have a ton of pics saved on an external hard drive!!!:D:D:D

Great idea roscoe, that is basically what I do also. That and the fact that I have a ton of pics saved on an external hard drive!!!:D:D:D

Yeah I don't see too much progression journal threads and would like to see how everyones tank progresses through out the year(s).

I think it is the way to go, but I also keep a personal tank journal just in case the site gets trashed and you lose everything, know what I mean?

Yeah just like my photo album I don't ever really go back and look at them LOL. I will have it on here and in a personal folder in the HD too.

Back