Rose Amenone (RBTA) Questions

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

clevergeek

Just wanted to clear up a little confusion I have about rose anemone's. Lately, it seems like there have been a lot of these guys posted for sale on the forums, ranging in price from about $20-$60 or so. I've also seen them in local shops for over $100.

I picked mine up from a forum member that mentioned he had two types, one that tends not to split (which was in the display), and the kind I bought that tends to split (which was in the sump).

While snagging some new additions over at Barrier Reef (lfs) the other day I noticed that it looked like they had several different varieties for sale. Chris explained to me that there is a "true" type (tan foot), and a "colonial" type (purple foot). But there are only minor differences, and both split regularly.

Mine has a tan/light colored foot, but supposedly likes to split. Any insight on this? Web and forum searches aren't turning up much for me, how many types of RBTA's are there?

I can't speak for too many details - but I have the tan foot variety as well and he's split over the course of three years about 10 times, without being fed - but then I have seen my clown spit food into it :)

I have the tan foot variety a TRUE and it split already I have had it for less then 2 months around there.

Back