Running a fish tank without arms or legs

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Here are some more photos. I redid the rock formation.

102_1789.jpg

102_1788.jpg

102_1787.jpg

102_1786.jpg

102_1785.jpg

102_1784-1.jpg

Dex
What happened to all your fish and corals that were in there a few weeks ago?
Did you transfer them to another holding tank while your main tank finished up its cycle?

before I put
What happened to all your fish and corals that were in there a few weeks ago?
Did you transfer them to another holding tank while your main tank finished up its cycle?[/QUOTE]

No, that was a picture from two years ago right before my tank crashed. it was beautiful, I'm planning on getting it to look like that again. Only better this time around.

Yes, I'm pretty sure it has finished but I'm going to go over everything tomorrow one last time before I put the two corals that I received atthe frag swap. then, I'll take it a slower this time around. Mostly because I'm broke but it will be good for me.

Here is a picture of my first livestock! Two margaritas nails and one red tip dwarf crab.

This is zipity
snail.jpg

This is doda
ctab.jpg

And this zipidyay
crab.jpg

Last edited:
Levels today:

Kh: 9 drops
Nitrate: 0 ppm
Amonia: Maybe .10 (it very very yellow but has a small tint of green)
Nitrates: 0
Ph: 8.2
Calcium: 500

Calcium needs to be a litter lower but it's not incredibly bad.

Any thoughts?

Okay... my Saturday as follows. Check this out… cute young girl comes over to my house cooks me French toast and coffee and feeds it to me in bed. She gets me up and ready for the day. Then we headed over to one of my favorite spots close by a we got a couple of snails and an emerald crab. Medium sized.

Here are my levels now. I think I got a pretty good cycle going. Only took two months. :)

Running list of livestock:
Two margaritas snails
Two turbo snails
Two Scarlett crabs
One Emerald crab

OkMy fish tank seems like it's in pretty good check right now. I put just a few coral in there so it gave a it a little color. there is a frog spawn that I'm wondering about. it's in the middle of the tank not too much flow. I'm wondering if it requires more or not. Any ideas on how the best placement for frog spawn.

Also A zoanthid I put a little bit higher so that when you underneath the light better.. I'm still wondering about flow.

I have a frog spawn that has closed up. I'm not sure why. This morning it looked just fine, but this afternoon it looks a little different. Any ideas on why this is happening?

My guess would be your water parm are out of wack. Again this is only a guess, that is all anyone will be able to do unless we have more info on your water numbers and maybe a pic.

I have a frog spawn that has closed up. I'm not sure why. This morning it looked just fine, but this afternoon it looks a little different. Any ideas on why this is happening?

Nevermind that. It's open.

Two margaritas snails
Two turbo snails
Two Scarlett crabs
One Emerald crab
Two turbo snail
Two pom pom crabs
Purple haze
Pink Chalice

Ok I'm stressed out. The light switch on my fish tank or the day lights is broken. I'm not sure what to do because oceanic won't contact me back. My coral aren't getting light. any advice on what to do would be great. Should I take my coral out and bring them to somebody who does have light or can they sit in the dark until it gets fixed?

Back