Salt Deal Tracker 2006

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

You guys should look into Oceanpure... Its a very good Salt and Very Stable from batch to batch... My corals/Tank seems to enjoy it and they have for the past year and a half..

James

question

So.... way back when i started my first salt tank we were using IO or Kent I can't remember which. Then I switched to oceanic and I've never had any problems. Scott wants to switch to IO. I heard to switch slowly. Well what exactly does that mean? If you have a 150 tank which probably nets 150 when you add the sump water but subtract rock and do a 30 gallon water change with a new salt wouldn't that be doing it slowly? In my tank which is 60 gallons, I guess I do larger water changes than he does, but when I switchted I just switched and nothing seemed any worse for wear... I was dumb then and didn't know any better now I'm afraid to rock the boat.. :confused: :confused: I just don't want to be using two kinds of salt, seems dumb. :cool: :cool:

CustomerService said:
If members are interested I can put together a special price for any salt. IO, Oceanic, Kent Marine, or Coralife. During sales each year I sell IO for $34.99 per 160 pail and Oceanic for $39.99 per gallon pail. If members let me know the brand they are most interested in I should be able to work with my suppliers and get a slightly better deal.

Each year during my sale I go through a pallet of IO and a pallet of Oceanic in one day! I would need to order slightly more then a pallet to get a extra discount but it is worth a try. I will give it the rest of the week for people to post their preference and then check with my suppliers.

Thanks
Blue Sierra

PS I can guarantee I can't touch the salt with shipping anywhere near $25.00 though. That is well below cost even without freight. That's good old PetSmart using stockholders money not caring about the bottom line!

Blue Sierra,
Id be willing to go in at least a half dozen or so buckets of IO if the price is right. At almost a bucket a week I could use a good deal on a regular basis, but need to make it worth the drive from Tacoma.

Thanks
Don

I do the Petsmart thing.

No one has beat it yet. I dare someone beat it lol......

- Ilham

well honestly i think my deal won, $26 for 200 gallons of salt, from ocean reef but that's not availible anymore, i'm afraid to switch salts too, though i dunno how much mine's affected my overall set up as i have tons of algae but it is going down
jesshimom, when i see your avatar i always think it's a racoon first... lol don't ask why just kinda does, i need a new one too my guy's head must be getting sore by now

Looks like everyone is asking for a Instant Ocean pallet deal.

Ocean Reef Aquatics, prepay for at least 30 buckets, $31.99 per bucket.

Anyone interested? This price is valid through February 3rd.

Was that for a 200 Gal bucket Mario?

BTW: Thank you for the awesome purple encrusting montipora I picked up last weekend on the way to the PSAS event! I was impressed with your SPS selection.

So by my count this is what I see so far:
  • bc_slc 2-3
  • jlehigh 8
  • mower7 2-3
  • poorbob 4
  • aquariumdebacle 2
  • M&M 1
  • reedman 2
total of 21-23 so far

Last edited:
reedman said:
So by my count this is what I see so far:
  • bc_slc 2-3
  • jlehigh 8
  • mower7 2-3
  • poorbob 4
  • aquariumdebacle 2
  • M&M 1
  • reedman 2
total of 21-23 so far

You can count me in for one too. At 5 gallons a week that should last almost a year!

well i dont' know how much is a pellet (or what's a pellet, english is my second language:oops: )
and i don't know what size of a bucket we're talking about, but i'd be interested in one of those 50 gal buckets.

I was just going to compile a list :) Great minds think alike ;)

bc_slc 2-3
jlehigh 6-8
mower7 2-3
poorbob 4
aquariumdebacle 2
M&M 1
reedman 2
kcharm 1
spongeboblover 1
DonW 6

We are pretty much at the 30 bucket demand marker. Now we need a supplier with a price, bucket size, location and delivery date.

jlehigh,

Thank you for the compliment on our selection of SPS and the purple encrusting montipora you purchased. I am glad that you liked it.

Salt Deal
The price is $31.99 per bucket for over 30 buckets. It would be for the Instant Ocean 160 gallon bucket. They no longer produce the 200 gallon buckets.
If you guys want to place a group order, let me know by Monday Jan 30th around 2pm. And I can have the salt for you on Tuesday Jan 31st in the afternoon ready for pickup.
The pickup point would be my shop in Poulsbo. Please get back to me if you are interested.

Last edited:
I vote for IO or Kent. Negative on the Oceanic. Still battling algae from it.

Also, it looks like the two leading vendors are east and south. Anyone willing to centralize them? I live in wallingford and we could store them in my garage, however I don't have a truck or anything like that to transport.

Mat

Salt Bucket Prices

Anyone interested in salt here is the breakdown:
Kent Marine 200g bucket $36.99
Instant Ocean 160g bucket $31.99
Oceanic 200g buckets $36.99
Coralife 150g buckets $29.99

Please let me know by Thursday Feb 2nd by 2pm

I can have it delivered for Friday to pick up in our Issaquah store location
IO and Oceanic have to be ordered in pallet qty 24
Coralife and Kent Marine can be ordered individually

Please let me know a tally ASAP and I will order Thursday

Blue Sierra Exotics

Okay.

So we have two faithful Sponsorts hooking us up with a possible deal. The most popular salt being I/O. So who is on what side of the pond? I filled it in for the folks I know but the others if you could let us know. I think it's probably best for people to go to the closest shop, though I also encourage people to go to ocean reef regardless. Mario has the best SPS deals a selection I have seen locally by a margin.

bc_slc 2-3
jlehigh 6-8 Eastside
mower7 2-3
poorbob 4 Eastside
aquariumdebacle 2
M&M 1
reedman 2 Eastside
kcharm 1
spongeboblover 1 Eastside
DonW 6 Eastside
szidls 6 Eastside
saltytemple 2 Eastside