Salt Deal Tracker 2006

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Put me down for three IO.

Tom

My plan is to not be a collector of money or salt. I just wanted to arrange the deal. I will talk with Barrier Reef, but I would hope we can all just bring our own moeny in and pickup our own salt. Simple is better for these things.

Price will depend on total number of buckets ordered (more ordered = lower price is usually how it works).

Current count

Reedman 2
DonW 6
SaltyTemple ?
SlickDonkey 4
bradreef 1
james734 2
fin 2
Scott & Colleen 3
bc_slc 2
tomz 3
Gaby 1
jlehigh 5

total now is 31...please post the number you are wanting to buy...I want to be sure we convey the proper number to Barrier Reef since they have to order them in. At this point I think the majority of people that are interested want IO. If you are completely against IO and want Reef Crystals please post here so I know. We need a firm count on each.

The payment and pickup will probably be in Factoria at the location of their new shop. This will be a good chance to see where the shop is going to be and meet the owners.

-Reed

Ok, I guess I will go on record as only interested in Reef Crystals because that's what I'm using now. No sense altering things just to save a few bucks.

I'll still take four buckets; could go more or less depending on whether that gives us a nice round number.

Last edited:
reed I could go with either reef crystals or IO. I would point out to them the price at doctor fostor smith right now. I think they are also a rf sponsor.

OK, here's the deal (and a good one in my opinion)....Barrier Reef has ordered up 36 buckets of IO for us and is selling them for $30+tax. Salt will be into the store next Friday afternoon. Let's try to get an organized time to get most of us there to pick up. This will keep this as simple as possible and allow the owners not to have to go back and forth to the store for every one of us.

NOTE: This is not a free for all pickup. We need to organize a little and make an appointment to have Tim or Cy there. For me a Saturday or Sunday pickup works best. Please post your preference or make arrangements for someone else that is picking up to pick your salt up.

Here's the details on location:

The location address is 1717 NE 44th Street Suite A. We share suite A with Impressions Dentistry and we are around the back. Our signs are not up yet and neither is our glass door.

For those wanting Reef Crystals, evidently nobody is selling Reef Crystals Buckets locally but Barrier Reef can get bags and provide empty, clean IO bucket to pour them in. Please let me know if this will work for you and I'll get the price on them, and get the word to Cy to order it in.

Would it be possible for them to bring the salt to the frag swap? I'd like to avoid two trips to Renton in as many weeks.

As we are making next to nothing by selling the salt for so little we would rather not be responsible for off loading 36 buckets when they are delivered to us and then re-loading them into a truck to take to the frag swap. If one or two of the people purchasing them need this done that would be ok but we are not going to be able to do this for more than that. We were hoping this would be an opportunity for everyone to see where our new location is going to be:)

Thanks!
Barrier Reef

Listen up you Reef Crystals people, Barrier Reef is offering the bags (50gal mix) for $13.50+tax per bag. They have empty buckets you can put the bags into if you want. Please post yes or no to the ordering of these and how many you want SOON as he needs to order them.

People, we are getting a good deal and we have people from all over getting salt. I'm sure we can get all of the salt distributed without asking for delivery. Cy & Tim are really helping us out, so we should reciprocate that by making the pickup and payment as easy as possible for them.

-Reed

I can probably get there whenever I need to be. they are giving us a good deal so I will be open to pickup. name a time...

The IO buckets sounds best. I will take the 3 as stated earlier.

Folks, I assume this all will be using cash or equivelent. The Credit card companies charge the vender fees and would make it a money losing deal.

Folks, I assume this all will be using cash or equivelent. The Credit card companies charge the vender fees and would make it a money losing deal.
I would agree with this. Please bring cash if at all possible.

Count as of now:
Instant Ocean
Reedman 2
DonW 6
SaltyTemple 1
bradreef 1
james734 2
fin 2
bc_slc 2
tomz 3
Gaby 1
jlehigh 5