Salt Deal Tracker 2006

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jlehigh

Hermit D Crab
Alright; water changers UNITE!

Let's use this thread to post the best salt deals as they are discovered. I go through 160gal bucket of I/O every 45 days and that gets spendy.

I don't care the brand you find a deal on, post it here as I am sure somone will be interested in it.

That said the best I have is this for now:
I/O 160gal buckets for 34.00
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod_Display.cfm?pcatid=4856&N=2004+113009

I wish they had the buckets for 21.99 and free shipping more often..

umm, ocean reef aquatics, mario's store in poulsbo i got 2 200 gallon oceanic for $27 + tax each, but that was a special that's not running anymore i think

Ordering online from CustomAquatics.com, we can get a pallet of Kent Sea Salt (24 buckets of 200g worth) for $36 each, with no shipping. Our club orders a pallet or two every couple of months.

At Petsmart you can get 2 buckets of IO salt for $54.40 (plus tax :doubt: ) This is what you need to do: Go to www.funtasia.net in the bottom left corner there is a little Petsmart ad you can click on for 15% off your $60 purchase. You can purchase gift cards with this little coupon and they'll send them free. When your GC's arrive, go to Petsmart.com and print out the page with their prices on IO or your salt of choice, (I'm not sure how much of other brands they keep in their stores though). At Petsmart.com IO is $31.99 for a 160 G bucket. They will match this if you take the .com price in and show them. Then use your GC's to buy it at 15% off which comes out to $27.20 per bucket.

This is the best deal I've seen around here lately, although more and more I'm taking Mojo's philosophy on WC's to heart ;) .
Susie :)

omg!! i can't believe it.
jlehigh, that's really really cheap seriously:eek: , i wish our locals would sell it at that price.

Susie, did you come up with that plan after watching a heist movie?! lol

What is Mojo's philosophy these days? Last I recall he tried a water change for two out.

jlehigh said:
Susie, did you come up with that plan after watching a heist movie?! lol

What is Mojo's philosophy these days? Last I recall he tried a water change for two out.

John,
Are you mocking my methods? You said put out the best deal and I think I'm winning so far :D . You must owe me some pink zoanthids now :p .

I don't want to speak for Mike but the last time the subject came up he was on the 36 to 48 month water change schedule. Of course my tank isn't nearly as automated as his, so I have to go on the 12 to 24 month schedule.

It's all good.
Susie

With a constant demand for salt maybe one of our local stores (and PSAS sponsors) will provide a special price competitive with what is posted in here.

That sounds like a potential group by for our on-line and In-store vendors. So pipe-up Vendors and show us what you got!

No doubt I would take 8 - 160-200Gal buckets for 25.00 each without even flinching..

hey even I would like a bucket of that, and who wouldn't if it is this cheap :p.
I think whoever comes with the cheapest price would make quite some money gettign the order after all we all need it :D.

Blue Sierra Pallet price salts

If members are interested I can put together a special price for any salt. IO, Oceanic, Kent Marine, or Coralife. During sales each year I sell IO for $34.99 per 160 pail and Oceanic for $39.99 per gallon pail. If members let me know the brand they are most interested in I should be able to work with my suppliers and get a slightly better deal.

Each year during my sale I go through a pallet of IO and a pallet of Oceanic in one day! I would need to order slightly more then a pallet to get a extra discount but it is worth a try. I will give it the rest of the week for people to post their preference and then check with my suppliers.

Thanks
Blue Sierra

PS I can guarantee I can't touch the salt with shipping anywhere near $25.00 though. That is well below cost even without freight. That's good old PetSmart using stockholders money not caring about the bottom line!

Last edited:
I personally would be willing to pay the slightly higher price to get it locally. Maybe we could work this out on a semi-regular basis and have a list of people that need to order every other month or so. That would add some consistancy and value to us and the vendor.

Anybody willing to look into a bulk deal for some Seachem Reef Salt. I just bought some at Saltwater City and it was a little pricey, but nobody else locally is carrying it. I know Premium Aquatics sells it for $36 a bucket. Maybe we could get the same deal as with the IO salt.

Back