saltwater store in redmond area?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

chrisdaphish

sorry.. not sure where to post this.. but..

are there any good saltwater fish/coral stores in the redmond area? thanks... if not what are some close stores around that area besides blue sierra and saltwater city

<looks both ways>

(psst)

Denny's Petword is pretty nice. Not the biggest selection of corals, but they do have some nice ones. Good amount of fish too. Located in Totem Lake mall, in the building behind COmpUSA.

Don't tell anyone I shop there though ;)

<hides>

you know dood Handegard, i kind of want to check out that store, i've heard is a decent store.
hmm well i really have no clue if there's a store in Redmond, but have you ever tried Saltwater city?
you know sometimes its better to post in here what you are looking for (coral in this case) because i think you would get a way better deal here than in a fish store no joke there's very kind people that sometimes would give you a little piece of what you are looking for free or trade or cash. :)
AND you get to know someone from here eheh

yah definitely.. ive heard aobut denny's pet world too.. just have never gone.. never have really had the chance to.. but apparently it is nice.. but yah..i know aobut saltwater city and bluesierra.. got here quite often.. haha i was just going to go redmond later this week.. im not really looking for anythign particular.. just like looking.. i like hte expirience i guess? haha idunno.. but yah.. not looking for anythign in particular( besides a 3-4emperor angel).. my new reef im still making sure its good to go.. have only tried a couple shrooms... my friend sucked me into the reef world.. i guess i used to be just a fish person but yah... thanks for ur guys help..and i totally agree spongebob lover the peopel here are definitly awesoem, kind and helpful

spongebob lover said:
you know dood Handegard, i kind of want to check out that store, i've heard is a decent store.
hmm well i really have no clue if there's a store in Redmond, but have you ever tried Saltwater city?
you know sometimes its better to post in here what you are looking for (coral in this case) because i think you would get a way better deal here than in a fish store no joke there's very kind people that sometimes would give you a little piece of what you are looking for free or trade or cash. :)
AND you get to know someone from here eheh

Aloha kakou,

Back in my freshwater days, Denny's was my favorite store. They had a good selection of fish and plants and the staff was easy to deal with. I've only been there once since they opened their new saltwater section and it looked pretty sad. I just chalked it up to that section being new.

Everytime I visit Denny's Pet World I normally see at least one dead fish floating in their tanks. Not to mention I've seen their tangs scratching up against rocks. I've only purchased food from their and haven't touched their livestock.

of course i will go to petco or petsmart for an emergency before that place in totemlake, and yes i will shop at blue sierra and saltwater city, no management problem's there!!

Blazer88 said:
Everytime I visit Denny's Pet World I normally see at least one dead fish floating in their tanks. Not to mention I've seen their tangs scratching up against rocks. I've only purchased food from their and haven't touched their livestock.

I wouldn't use dead or sick fish as a measure to judge the store. We get our share of sick and dead fish, but we quarantine all of our fish for at least 7 days after they come in before we put them out in the store to make sure they're healthy.

While I think having dead or sick fish looks bad, I've at least seen someone in Denny's refuse to sell a fish that wasn't doing well, and that counts for something in my book. When I worked at Petco way back when, they would pawn off a ich ridden fish as fast as they can. Not to mention the first 45 minutes of my day were *scheduled* to remove dead fish from tanks before opening. _45_ *minutes*.

While I think having dead or sick fish looks bad, I've at least seen someone in Denny's refuse to sell a fish that wasn't doing well, and that counts for something in my book. When I worked at Petco way back when, they would pawn off a ich ridden fish as fast as they can. Not to mention the first 45 minutes of my day were *scheduled* to remove dead fish from tanks before opening. _45_ *minutes*

AAAHHH !! :eek: that's really scary dood.
hmm well one time i bought a skimmer from them, the only problem was that it was missing pieces :doubt: , so i went back and told them and they just told me to wait, then after like 20 mins the lady told me to look for the pieces :doubt: and then she left.
Now i used to think Blue Sierra was the best thing you know, but the only way for them to attend me now is, if i bring my husband in the store i don't know if is it because i'm a girl or what, but if he comes inside the store they right away ask him if he needs anything even if they are busy.
If i go by myself inside, they smile at me and then take off which is really really upseting because i like staring at the corals, don't take me wrong but after a while i start looking more like a dumbass AND then my husband gets upset because i spent 30-40 mins inside just to get some snails or fishes.
So yeah, now i just go to saltwater city because everytime i go there, they ask me if i need something right away and they don't leave me waiting forever or i just rather ask and get it from here AND on top of that i get to meet a reef addict just like me :D .
ohh and don't forget about seeing the tanks ;) which by the way since you are gonna be around Redmond you should send a pm to Kens AKA. the king of hijaking threads :D , he's a kewl guy with a nice tank :D

spongebob lover said:
So yeah, now i just go to saltwater city because everytime i go there, they ask me if i need something right away and they don't leave me waiting forever or i just rather ask and get it from here AND on top of that i get to meet a reef addict just like me :D

I'm not gonna argue that Saltwater City is +++ ;)

tamarindthai said:
if you are looking for sps frags ,,maybe i can help,,i'm in downtown Redmond.
Dang - is that part of your new carry-out menu???

Back