SaltyFish's New 90 Gallon

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I went digging in my stuff and I found a Mech Float that I got a long time ago, I hooked that up to my RO/DI and it is working great for a ATO.

I need to get a Auto Shutoff for my RO/DI unit though so I can just leave it alone. Maybe Kevin has one in stock, I got to take my water over there anyways.

talk toyou in a bit

J

I need to get a Auto Shutoff for my RO/DI unit though so I can just leave it alone. Maybe Kevin has one in stock, I got to take my water over there anyways.

Well Kevin does not carry these and they are 25 bucks plus shipping from AquaFX OUCH! I guess I will just have to suck it up and buy one since it the last piece of my puzzle for the 90 Gallon

Well this is what I worked on today with the 90 Gallon.

Just added a float for the ATO, plumbed it straight to the RO/DI unit. I still need the Auto Shut of Valve for the RO/DI Unit. The one I have is restricting the flow down to half the normal rate so I removed it. Until I get that I cannot leave the RO/DI unit on all the time.

Tomorrow I will plumb an overflow in the sump to a drain in the laundry room right next to the tank. This is just incase I lose power or this valve fails the water does not go all over the floor.

Here is the float for a simple ATO solution
90Gallon31.jpg

The sump I bought for the 240 / 300 gallon that I never used until now.
Yes that is a Sanders Ozone,
I bought it for the 630 but I thought I would learn how to use it on something smaller for now.
90Gallon32.jpg

Not much has gone on this week with the tank, just trying to let it do it's cycle for now. I am starting to see some great purple colors on some of the rocks and my clam is still alive. Wow it is a record for me 5 days without killing my clam. Old record was 4 days.

I did move some rocks around to move the SPS closer to the light. Not sure I needed to but it looks good, right!

Enjoy
90Gallon33.jpg

90Gallon34.jpg

I am looking to get more corals just hard to find something I dont have locally here without paying an arm, leg and first born.

I guess moving the SPS up really works I never knew one of them had hair on it until I took a second look at the picture. Then I verified it at the tank.

Hey how does your Bonsai look now? Mine still look like twig but has small things starting to come out. I wonder if I need to move mine, it is under the pipe and I never noticed it until now. I will give it another week dont want to rush it, I think it is my most expensive coral in my tank. How Sad is that?

I think it is my most expensive coral in my tank. How Sad is that?

Not sad at all, the Garf Bonsaii goes for around $75 per 1/2'' (retail) it is a very nice coral...

I would give it strong light and strong flow...

Mine looks good, its polyped up...
Matt

Thank you my wife did it.

I like to top arch, it is like a swim thru cleaning shop and if that one is busy they just drop down a bit and use the one below. Seems like always a shrimp there waiting for some food.

Thanks, I am just trying to let everything grow and I will post more pictures. the frog spawns are going crazy already, I can't wait for my mushrooms to pop too.

I am also waiting for my new skimmer, I dont want to get it too stocked up yet. I have never heard of so many issues with shipping from a supplier to the retailer I bought it from. All well it will get here one day, hopefully sooner before later...

very nice!!!!
I like the hammers and frogspawn. I will soon have some again too when I set up an appropriate tank for them...

matt

they are growing so fast it is great! look how close they are to the candy cane now.

I have only had this tank up for 3 to 4 weeks now.

I cant wait for my Zoas and mushrooms to start growing out and spliting.

BTW did you get my PM?

Ok I got a quick pic. I was at a shop yesterday and they could not get this clam to open up right. They said they have had it for about 6 months and everything was fine until last week. They swore it was dead, they had it on the bottom of the tank for a long time and when it closed up they moved it right under the MH lamp to try and get it to open. The clam was too tightly close to be dead so I offered $10.00 for it. They took the deal and I got this clam. I let it float in my sump for a good 4 hours and what do you know it started to come out. So I moved it into my tank and waited.

This picture was taken 30 minutes after it was in my tank
90Gallon49.jpg

It was open again today just as in the picture.

9:30 AM Lights on 20 minutes

Some people that I have bought frags from have asked about them. Some are pretty much the same size others have doubled in size. I am posting full pictures so you can see your frags and know I am taking very good care of them

90Gallon50.jpg

90Gallon51.jpg

90Gallon52.jpg

90Gallon53.jpg

90Gallon54.jpg

90Gallon55.jpg

I have one more coral coming tomorrow and I am done (I promise)

Last edited:
Back