Score!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Faciosity

reefer
:clap2:Just picked up a nice full setup for an excellent price!:rockon: It's a 90 gallon starphire with corner overflow, all plumbed into a 30 gallon sump with a very nice oversized skimmer. It has 2x 400 MH lighting, over 100 lbs of corraline covered LR, a purple tang, yellow tang, scooter blenny, hybrid orange and black clown, good sized derasa clam and several small corals.
I basically bought this tank for the livestock and LR, so after I get it moved and situated I will probably sell/trade the tank with sump, skimmer and lights.
Pictures to come soon, I just went to see it and put the deposit on it, and will be bringing it home within the next few days.
I have never seen such a beautiful clownfish. She said it was crossbred between a standard ocellaris and a black ocellaris. It has a black body with a bright orange face and fins.

Well, this thread wasn't meant as a sales pitch, but I will let you know when things are all figured out. Might be a couple weeks.

Yea right...I know how sneaky you are!! :mad: :rofl:

Looking forward to the pictures!!! :D

:mmph:I'm not even sure I will sell/trade the tank, I'm just concerned if I have enough room to keep it. If you catch me trying to advertise in this way though, I would expect one of these: :fish:
:heh:

Will put pics up as soon as it makes it to my house.

My first thought was...
"where in the world are you gonna put it? " lol

Well, my only option right now is in my bedroom. We plan on moving in a couple months, and hopefully end up in a bigger place. It's hard to believe, but when we first moved into this house we had 8 tanks! There was at least 2 tanks in every room except the bathroom!
Can't wait to have to move my 180!:rolleyes:

:mmph:I'm not even sure I will sell/trade the tank, I'm just concerned if I have enough room to keep it. If you catch me trying to advertise in this way though, I would expect one of these: :fish:
:heh:

Will put pics up as soon as it makes it to my house.

I wondered the same thing as Sid as to where you'd put another tank LOL!! As for the advertising, I see no problem with you or anyone suggesting that a tank they have may be up for sale/trade at some point in time. There's nothing at all wrong with that. I was just messing with you. :p

I was trying to research clownfish, and realized that I'm pretty sure my new one is a midnight clownfish. It has no stripes, just solid black with an orange face and a little in the mid section and fins. Can't wait to show him off!
I don't know if people have started grading midnight clowns yet, but this one is definately an A+! Dark black with super bright orange!

Last edited:
OK I guess he's not a midnight clown, I forgot that he did have white stripes. I was just shocked by the contrast of dark black and bright orange and the stripes slipped my mind. Here's a couple pics of him and my new purple tang.

DSCN4319.jpg

DSCN4316.jpg

DSCN4318.jpg

The tangs can see each other just through that little corner and it's kinda funny to see them checking each other out.

That's a standard Black Occellaris. As it grows, it's likely to lose most, if not all, of the orange.

You really think so? She specifically told me that it was a hybrid/crossbreed between a black ocellaris and an orange one. It is already pretty large and has really bright orange. I've seen lots of black clowns, but never one like this.

A cross between a Black Occellaris and an Orange Occellaris isn't a hybrid. They're the same species. A hybrid would be if 2 different species crossed, such as Occellaris/Percula. The fry would have been a mix of both, black/white and orange/white. The ones that ended up black/white, will have orange on them, and as they mature, the orange will be replaced by black. Both pair of Black/White Occellaris that I've had, started out with bright orange on them. As they grew, they lost the orange.

That's a really cool looking clown! I've never seen any like that to be honest! It does look like what we call "potcakes" here which is a mix breed LOL!! Love the shots of your tangs as well. You need to put them in the same section with each other and see if you can get yourself some mixed tangs :p

Actually, there is a yellow tang in the side with the purple tang also. In the left side is:
Blue hippo tang
yellow tang
lawnmower blenny
pair of orange ocellaris
6 line wrasse
pajama cardinal
3 peppermint shrimp
huge brittle star

in the right side is:
purple tang
yellow tang
my new clown
coral beauty angelfish
scooter blenny
pink spotted watchman goby paired with a tiger pistol shrimp
large brittle star

Actually, there is a yellow tang in the side with the purple tang also. In the left side is:
Blue hippo tang
yellow tang
lawnmower blenny
pair of orange ocellaris
6 line wrasse
pajama cardinal
3 peppermint shrimp
huge brittle star

in the right side is:
purple tang
yellow tang
my new clown
coral beauty angelfish
scooter blenny
pink spotted watchman goby paired with a tiger pistol shrimp
large brittle star

Sounds like your very own LFS! Youy aren't here undercover slipping under the radar huh?? :rofl:

That's kinda funny, but nope! I don't know anybody else that has such a collection after only being in the hobby for 2 years though!

And try doing it while your allways broke!:badgrin:
I am the master of growing and trading!

Back