Seattle spicy wings!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I recently took a fondness to the 7 alarm wings offered at Wing-Dome resturant/pub. MUCH hotter than wing-zone nuclear wings.

They are definately the most spicy wings I have found, but I know there are many many places I havent tried yet.

Does anyone have a recomendation for exellent spicy chicken wings around this area?

Or, better yet, if anyone would like to have a little meet together to chomp down some wings, I think it would be a really good time.

that's awesome Luke !! :D .... right now i can't eat spicy wings but may be after i give birth :D :p .

hmmm the only super spicy sauce i know is the one from The Man... he's located in Seattle down town i believe but i'm not that sure.

"I met the Man at Dixies!" their slogan fora long time. They are near where the 520 and the 405 meet. Be careful though it is truly hot BBQ sauce based on habenero peppers. Should only be attempted by the truly brave:even a dab is extremely hot! Their ribs are to die for!

His daughter has a band called the "Vampin' Ho's" although it's been a while since they have advertised.

There's a little hole in the wall across the street from SU Law that does a good habanero and garlic hot wing. Worth the trip if your into hot wings.

Don

I'd probably be down as long as it fit in my schedule. =)

Post here when you're going and I'll see if I can tag along. (Give me some advanced warning though! )

-D

Exellent Don, Habanero and garlic wings sound really good. I'll have to make a trip to check that place out.

I have never heard of a place called Porters before, maybe Juke could tell us if it seems like a good place for a get together.

I am generally away working in puyallup area on the weekends, but anytime during the week that is convienient for your scheduals will work for me.

I'm not sure if any of you actually wanted the destructions for how to build these yourself, but here goes ;).

I buy a bag of wings from Costco. You can fry them in peanut or other good quality oil (when they float they're done), but I usually thaw them, dry them carefully, then dredge them in Valentina sauce (mild *which is still hot* or the extra hot variety, both available at Safeway), sprinkle with garlic salt and bake for 30 minutes. Drain any water that accumulates in the pan then stick them back in to bake for 10 more minutes. At the end of that time, take them out and tip the pan to let them drain. Warm 1/4 cup Valentina sauce, 1/4 cup butter, 1/4 cup (or a little less to taste) real butter. Dredge the wings through the hot mixture and serve with ranch dressing or blue cheese and celery sticks.

You'll be amazed how good they are ;). Careful, they're addictive!

Barbie

Last edited:
Thanks a bunch Barbie! That sounds great, I love to cook things. Thank you for spending the time to share the recipe with us.

Somewhere in that recipe I'm going to have to include a habanero or two ;) Do you think sticking a couple habaneros in the blender and stiring it in with the sauce at the end would be a good place to add some kick? Or would it be better to add the habanero to the Vanentina sauce before it goes into the oven?

If you're just looking for the habanero fire, look for a sauce called "No Joke". They used to sell it at Safeway too, but I'm not sure they still do. It was made by a restaurant named Zavalas in a town I used to live in. It was almost straight habanero. SERIOUSLY hot stuff! I'd add it to the dipping sauce, if it was me. These wings are already spicy. I'd try the extra hot sauce and see if you really needed the lip melting heat on top of it ;). I tried 8 or 10 variations of recipes when I moved down from Anchorage and couldn't go to wings and things for my local fix once a week, hehe. The honey does soften the heat a bit so back off on it for the ones you're really pushing the fire edge for ;).

Barbie

Porters Automotive owned by Gene and Dixie Porter - aka Dixies BBQ! I have been going there so long I have always called it Porters...

I make my own wings and bbq. I have yet to find decent places around here but I am also not a huge fan of really hot foods.

When I get some more time I will crank out a recipe for you all to try if you like to cook. You could easily add anything to the sauce to spice it up a little or a lot.

Last edited:
Back