Seen the new Lumenarc's w/ black reflector

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

class clown

Have you guys seen these newer Lumenarc's w/ black reflectors? What do you think of them? They seem to be similar to the regular LIII's. I like the fact they have glass shields for the moguls b/c I have broken a bulb before when the water splashed up on it. Also, they look like they are sturdier than the standard from the pictures. But is it worth the extra $$$???

Comparison:

standard LIII: $116.99
-19.5” x 19.5” x 8.5”
-no glass shield
-adjustable mogul socket
lumenarcs_hanging.jpg

Lumenarch black vented Pendants: $144.99
-19.5" x 19.5 "
-includes glass shield
-adjustable mogul socket
lumenarc_.jpg

Looks good.

Do you think the will have black mini 250wHQI's in the future?

good question, don't know.

Has anyone tried these though and can give an opinion on whether it's worth the extra $30 to go for the black vs. just sticking with the regular LIII?

Ben,

I just purchased two LIII (large) reflectors from Barrier Reefs. If I would have known that these were going to be available in black, I would have waited. My steel stand, doors, and trimwork are all black. Would have been nice to blend the lights into the mix.

Kirk

Looks like a sheetmetal wrap/cover in wich case the reflector is exactly the same only the outside can now hold on to the glass . :)

Looks like a sheetmetal wrap/cover in wich case the reflector is exactly the same only the outside can now hold on to the glass . :)

Yeah. that's what I thought too.. so glass & sheet metal wrap - worth the extra 30? Probably would be for me. I lost an $80 ushio and burnt my arm enough times that it probably is.

also, have you guys seen the Reflector Hanging System in use? $21.99 - are they worth it?

sunlift.gif

The Luminarc standard and the mini also come with glass available and the exhaust system as an extra. My Lminis have glass.

Mike, I know that bit about the glass to be true for the HQI's, but is the same thing true for the moguls? don't happen to have a link to some info on it? I actually like polished aluminum look.

The glass fits the reflecter, not the mogul. My three Lum Mini mogul reflecters have the glass though the glass is in a box, not in the tank. When I get around to ducting them together, the glass will go back in

I wonder if the glass on the mogul pendant is uv protected? (not really necessary) If so thats seems like a waste of PAR, though I wonder if uv protected glass blocks more PAR than regular glass? I like the idea of only cleaning a glass lens rather than having to clean bulbs every week (I'm always nervous about damaging them) but I would think there would be a significant drop in intesity. Also, has anyone seen a comparison in performance between the baby lumenarc and the sulight supply mogul lumenmax pendant?

I have not seen a comparison,Study, But I have seen both. Lumenarc kicked butt

Back