Seio # For 75 Gal.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

james734

I'm looking to replace my current powerhead configuration. I currently have a Rio2100 setting down behind running parrellel to the rock and 2 MJ 1200 pointed toward the front to mix of the flow a little coming from behind.

I'm just not happy with the directional flow of the existing and was wonder about the Seio PH's. I have a 75 gal and was wonder which model I should use? How many? 1 or 2?

Any input?

Krish, I know you'll respond you seem to respond to everything up here..:)

James - what types of corals do you have, and do you also have a substrate?

I think a Tunze would be great.

I had Seio's as well as Tunzes. They are both great powerheads! The Tunzes of course are my favorites which I still run, but the Seio's IMO, are almost just as good. If cost is an issue, just run a few Seio's. I ran (2) Seio M820's in my 90 gal and they did fine...Now I run (2) Tunzes in my 75gal:)

Depending on wether you wish to have tons of flow will depend on size of the pump. Sieo's are fine they have allot of flow and you dont need a number of them to do the job. As for Tunze, to me , IMHO the price does not justify the flow rate. However they are low watt and controllable. Thats the plus for the extra 300 bucks your gonna spend on them. Sieo will do the smae without the control. I would say go with Sieo and you will not be disappointed.

TAAM is releasing a controller for the Seios in about 2 weeks. They are also going to release a new pump 0-10000 GPH if I am not mistaken. Might be worth looking into.

Brian

Nikki.. Just have couple softies and LPS's right now. Would like to add some SPS's later. No sub.. BB..

Okay, Thanks everyone,

So what GPH and how many?

I was looking at the Seio M820's and the Tunze equav. GPH models.

Is it better to go with 2 somewhat smaller vs 1 large model?

Brain,

The Seio Controller up here yesterday. Looks interesting and might be a good option. I wonder what the cost will be? I checked out their web site for more info, but nothing up there. Might try a google search. I wonder if any one is allowing pre-orders?

I like the Tunze's, but it they make it kind of hard to reef on a budget.

I have a Seio 2600 and two 620 in my 100 G tank. I like the 620 models because of their good wattage (8 W). They are good for the corners which don't get enough flow. I think unless you have corals which require high flow, you should consider buying 2 somewhat smaller powerheads unless you desire unidirectional flow in your tank.

2600gph.. that sounds like a lot for a 75g.. I'm trying to create more flow not blow everything to 1 end of the tank.

ROFL! I had 5,100 gph in my 75gal before pulling the closed loop out for heat issues, now I have 4150gph and may add another Tunze as soon as I start adding corals! I was just trying to give you a comparison in price. If price is an issue, check how much you'd pay for a Tunze with similar flow;)

Okay.. I think I'm going to get 2 M820's. I think that should be enough. Still somewhat comparable to the MJ1200 wattage but about 2.5X's gph. With the addtion of these I should be around 3000gph water movement.

Okay.. I think I'm going to get 2 M820's. I think that should be enough. Still somewhat comparable to the MJ1200 wattage but about 2.5X's gph. With the addtion of these I should be around 3000gph water movement.

You should be happy with them...I had 2 of them in my old 90 gal and they blew just fine:)

BTW: Noticed your waiting for your CL280.. you should be happy with it. I have one my 75 for almost a year now and have had 0 problems with. The temp I think is a little off though. I have digital temp prob and they never match. Which is correct? I still haven't figured it out yet. My prob say 79 and the chiller says 76. :confused:

BTW: Noticed your waiting for your CL280.. you should be happy with it. I have one my 75 for almost a year now and have had 0 problems with. The temp I think is a little off though. I have digital temp prob and they never match. Which is correct? I still haven't figured it out yet. My prob say 79 and the chiller says 76.

Thanks...I'll keep an eye on it. I have 2 thermometers in my tank now and they both read the same so, I'll just adjust the chiller to match if I need to:)

mungus said:
TAAM is releasing a controller for the Seios in about 2 weeks. They are also going to release a new pump 0-10000 GPH if I am not mistaken. Might be worth looking into.

Brian

Interesting read on the controller.....

The Seio Controller is Here!

Allegedly, its going to be approx $200 in price, will run 2 Seio pumps from 100% down to 30% and back with variable time settings. Its not as flexible as the Tunze controllers or the Eco-Tech controllers since it will only run two pumps and will run them at the same power settings, (both at 100% then both at 30% for example) but its not as expensive either.

Who knows, this could all be marketing hype....

Nick

Your right maxx it could just be marketing hype.:lol: I feel a little more confident about it this time because I have seen the pictures of it running 2 pumps. In reality though I guess that doesn't mean much.

James I talked to premium aquatics and they said they knew of the controller but they were not taking preorders at this time. TAAM has verified that the controller will retail around $200.

FWIW
Brian

Back