Sequence Dart for closed loop

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

i didn't see an O-ring..i didn't take it off again... i have been fooling with another connection that is leaking...i guess i will try more teflon again..i have it on there pretty thick already though

Guess I'll Quote myself again!
;)

The Drain petcock has a rubber O-Ring, It may be damaged, you could get a replacement at Lowe's also! These aren't meant to be over tightened, that will cut it! What is a tank without water all over the place a few times huh!

i checked the o-ring..it seems to be in place and undamaged...i'm sick of fooling with it..........i just glued it shut!!!!

i checked the o-ring..it seems to be in place and undamaged...i'm sick of fooling with it..........i just glued it shut!!!!

Well that is one way of doing it:D

I think mine mated flush with the pump housing, snug fit!

i can't get this other fitting to stop LEAKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 i have wrapped and rewrapped...i just took it off and added a TON of Teflon tape./..what could be wrong?????????????????????????????????????

could i be tightening it too much??????? i hope i didn'crack anything!!!! i wrapped it in the right direction and everything. i used alot of tape the last time..there are still drops coming out...maybe 1-2 drops every few minutes..i made sure that it was definately still coming out and not just water that was already there

What fitting is leaking? How much are you tightning? I would not think it would be that. To tight = cracked pipe or stripped threads.

I agree you can split the PVC If you go too tight, but threaded fittings you should make about 5 rounds of Teflon on all the threads. It is a feel you get when doing many & breaking some from over tighten. I had a few leaks on threaded fittings that required more turns until it quit, that is a experienced judgment call.

well, after many tries, i hink i got it to stop...5 wraps wouldn't touch this!!!!!!!!!!!! try 10-15!!! i started out with maybe 5..i just kept putting more every time it leaked...i made it so freakin thick...it has been about 10 min and i haven't seen any drops or water standing.....the fitting is the connector that connects a 2" pipe to the pump itself....it just screws down into the pump threads...the threads on the pump are inside threads

The pump threads are prob machine threads and PVC has binding threads. Not sure if binding is the correct term but they are made a little off so they will tighten in 3-5 turns where machine threads do not.

they did seem to fit strange when i first tried the fitting with no tape.....i think i got it though..hopefully i am not saying this prematurely!!!!

That shouldn't happen, I would call reeflow & tell them that the drain leaked & the problems your having. They do repair pumps & could resell them as new maybe or they just screwed up the threads, no way should you have to go through all that, that pump should of been checked out. I had great customer service with them, they should make it right, maybe send you a new volute!

Pump Housing, don't know exactly why they call it that, I need to go check the manual LOL

edit:
yep it is the outer pump housing!

Them sending you a new one would replace the threaded inlet & outlet, also the drain all as one part, easy to replace!

Ron,

Which Reeflo Dart do you have? Blue or black housing? From the little research I have done, the blue housing is the older model which was recently replaced because the housing would crack easily.

i have the black housing....i thought the blue housing was the new model?????
i am going to contact them and ask them about the problem i am having...when i woke up, there were maybe 3-4 drops worth next to the pipe...it is a very slow leak, but i don't want to have to worry about it

davidabrown66 said:
Hey Dennis, nice avatar!!

Thanks, David! Yours has it going on too!

ronj said:
i have the black housing....i thought the blue housing was the new model?????

Ron,

I know I read it somewhere over the past few days but I can't seem to find it again! From what I recall, the blue housing was of a seethrough plastic material that easily broke if overtightened. Reeflo supposedly changed over to that harder black casing.

Can anyone else verify this or was I seeing things? I've look and looked but I can't find!

Thanks,

Last edited:
Back