Sequence Dart for closed loop

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

yep, i just found it!!!! i may do away with the drain that i built, although the drain on the pump is about the size of a pencil!!!

Yea but it works well but I would keep what you have, no use wasting it, you could glue or thread a plug on it for safety.

i got a threaded cap for it..i just have to put on the peice that the cap will screw onto...

well i won't know until late next week(at best) let's hope they ship the loc-line first thing Monday morning!!!!

ok, my intake strainer should be here late tomorrow, and my loc-line will be here late Thursday...i am going to go ahead and get everything glued that hasn't been glued already.....Thursday i should be able to screw the locline in place and turn it on..i am going to have everything in place for when the last parts arrive!!!!

i just got my strainer in the mail!! here are some pics..it is the pipe with holes in it(just in case there are any slow folks!!!:D )..i am going to either put a bulkhead on the end, or just buy a cap and cap it off!!!

i have to take my canopy off yet again tonight....i did it last night and it sucked..i had to unplug all my ballasts , take the lights off the canopy, and then remove the canopy....let's hope i get it right tonight and i don't have to take it off again!!!!!! i will be without alot of flow until late tomorrow..i have to get my old closed loop out while i have the canopy off...i am going to have everything in place for tomorrow...i should just have to screw on the locline and it will be finished!!!

Pipe with holes?:rolleyes: I was looking at that stariner from the other post. Do you just put a PVC end on it?

yeah, i just put a pvc cap on it...i was going to glue it, but it took about 5min for me to even be able to work it on there..it is very snug now...

well i just finished it...i have to make one or two adjustments tomorrow when i get some more brackets, but for the most part, it is ready!!!!!...here are some pics of the manifold in place...you can see the outlets where the locline will tie into

Cool Ron, that thing should blow the rocks clean! Sure glad you have a hood to cover all the PVC LOL!

i have to take my canopy off yet again tonight....i did it last night and it sucked..i had to unplug all my ballasts , take the lights off the canopy, and then remove the canopy....let's hope i get it right tonight and i don't have to take it off again!!!!!! i will be without alot of flow until late tomorrow..i have to get my old closed loop out while i have the canopy off...i am going to have everything in place for tomorrow...i should just have to screw on the locline and it will be finished!!!

Hey Ron, I was just looking over your design again, and I had a couple of comments:

It looks like your intake plumbing comes over the top of the tank and then goes down into the pump. If so, don't forget to prime the line comletely (no air in the input line at all) with water the first time you start it up, and if you break syphon after that, b/c the pump will NOT PULL water from your tank, and may burn out your pump motor. I'd hate to see you run the pump the first time and hear a loud squeal, then lock up.

Also, the strainer I see in your photo looks like it might break siphon if you drained the tank for a med - large water change...b carefull

I like your pvc work! The canopy is a real pain when it comes to plumbing, but it does hide alot in the end.

-David

thanks Scooter and David...about the siphon break, when i do my water changes, which are normally about 30g every 2 weeks, most of the water comes out of the sump...the water in the display drops maybe 1-3"...the siphon is about 4-5" below the water line...my intake line is only like2-3' long..it shouldn't take a whole lot to prime it( i hope)...thanks for the reminders David!!!!
also, i just got my locline in the mail....for some reason, i only ordered 3 of the threaded attachments..i need 8 of them..i am going to see if i can get them shipped right away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back