Share your Tank photo here

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Gaby this ones for you...I call it my acro "thingy"...LOL

Doc

DSCN0224.jpg
[/IMG]

MD you must be Chuck....So when you wanta do a frag trade my new best buddy...lol...

Is that hot pink one a pocci...??

Nice stags.. love that thick green one...you still own these beauties...?

Doc

thank you...that was long ago...a few days after I got it direct from Bali...too bad it crashed...sighhh....about only 50% of those maricultured colonies on the round concrete discs survive...buy frags folks...trade with your local reefer what ever...GO AQUACULTURED..NOT MARICULTURED...maricultured is still a wild colony....

BUT...the ol' Doc used a few ol' indian tricks and managed to save a few frags from the festering RTN'd mess...its now electric lime green...no lavander and blue anymore...

I'll name it my "green thingy" in honor of you Gabby!! ...lol...
"Jerms green thingy LE"...

Now surly there more people at this forum with pics...

Oh where art thou reefers....?????

Reefer Jerm

MD you must be Chuck....So when you wanta do a frag trade my new best buddy...lol...

Is that hot pink one a pocci...??

Nice stags.. love that thick green one...you still own these beauties...?

Doc

Yep, I loved that tank but it no longer exists. Those shots were in 2003. It crashed a couple of years ago due to sand bed problems and have since gone to smaller tanks to fit my time constraints that I have these days. Nearly all of the coral started as frags and were raised to that maturity in the tank which was all part of the fun to watch it all grow and meld together.

Yes that pink one was a pocillapora. It was a tough coral too. I had a pump outage once, dropped the tank water level enough to expose that piece and the Metal Halides pretty much fried it real good. I have a number of photos of it's recovery (it made a FULL recovery by the way). It was an extremely healthy tank until that crash :(

Yep, I loved that tank but it no longer exists. Those shots were in 2003. It crashed a couple of years ago due to sand bed problems and have since gone to smaller tanks to fit my time constraints that I have these days. Nearly all of the coral started as frags and were raised to that maturity in the tank which was all part of the fun to watch it all grow and meld together.

Yes that pink one was a pocillapora. It was a tough coral too. I had a pump outage once, dropped the tank water level enough to expose that piece and the Metal Halides pretty much fried it real good. I have a number of photos of it's recovery (it made a FULL recovery by the way). It was an extremely healthy tank until that crash :(

Sorry to hear what happen to your lovely tank. Great growth !
It is much more difficult to keep SPS back in YR 2003. With today's advance equiment, i must say that you should try again soon :D I'm also very worried that i'll be force to stop due to work:oops: keep the pictures coming :cool:

Gaby, that is an A. valida and the very last wild colony I ever bought.

Kevin, I do not remember those pics and believe me, I'd remember those pics.

So here are a couple more.
3.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Back