Share your Tank photo here

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Charlie, I had some back then that almost didn't look like acropora cause of the wild polyp extension.

Wonder, I don't know what caused them to have excessive polyp extension. Back then I was using 250w 65k iwasaki's. I know they loved that lighting. This was an ecosystem tank too and maybe that had something to do with it.

Joining in here. Fragland coming up.
Picture39595.jpg

Picture396.jpg

Picture517937748.jpg

Picture393.jpg

nice tank. what is the super bright green thing in the center, that is a nice show peice?

Last edited:
Hey Reef girl....whats up!

Nice pics...

Hey you sound familiar...did yopu buy a frag pack from me awhile back...??

Great shots...I was hoping this thread wouldn't die out...

Doc

ahh tank shots my favourate
well the low down on my tank is a 50gl sumpless tank i have a hang inside queen skimmer a seios m820 and a m620 (soon to me 820) or tunze streamers there nice but the m820 is cheaper and more flow. i have a mh 400watt 14,000k radium bulb will maybe change to 20,000k
as far aslive stock garden reef lps dominated maybe because there all so big i have sum sps and sum nice softys and sum huge anenomes. fish, scopaz tang, blue yellow damsel (arch nemisis) pair of black Oc clowns a clown goby and a scotter dragonet after a year almost crashing twice and a hair algea battle that i won things are really peaking and i hope to keep it there for a long time well enjoy
ps this pic is couple weeks old and once the sun drops here there will be an upto date pic

Here's a some pictures I took a couple of days ago of my 550.

Regards,
Kevin
This one is looking in from the end 8 feet down the front of the reef.
end-Oct-06.JPG

This one is looking down the back.
DSCN1770.JPG

This is a a center shot. The area you see here is about 44" front to back and 36" wide. It's hard to capture the size on film.
DSCN1771.JPG

besides the shear size of this tank I also probably can't imagine how big these awesome colonies are...:0

Think I need to give you a shout Kevin..

Here's a some pictures I took a couple of days ago of my 550.

Regards,
Kevin
This one is looking in from the end 8 feet down the front of the reef.
end-Oct-06.JPG

This one is looking down the back.
DSCN1770.JPG

This is a a center shot. The area you see here is about 44" front to back and 36" wide. It's hard to capture the size on film.
DSCN1771.JPG

Hi Kevin,

Awesome tank :D nice yellow stag. (can share what is the light blue coral behind the yellow stag) 2nd pic:)
Is your monti cap with white polpy like leng sy ? Just curious

(can share what is the light blue coral behind the yellow stag)
I got that one 2-23-03 from Steve Weast. I believe it is Acropora lovelli. It requires extremely high light to maintain its intense blue. The Montipora is just a run of the mill type I got from Aquarium City 9-11-01. Its about 30" wide and 12" tall. Thanks for your kind words.

Regards,
Kevin

Back