Sherman Tank 120

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Group buy, years ago. A club member orchestrated the minimum purchase through Home Depot, 1 pallet. I understand the bags sell for something like $3 on the east coast. After freight, we paid $20/each. :)

nice tank sherman, hope to see it done soon. Thanks for the post and Congrats on MOTM! You earned it!

Unfortunately, Luis... yes. My 38g crashed yesterday, and forced me to move everything into the 120g a lot sooner than I'd prefer. I had to move everything over. I feel extremely fortunate on many levels. First, I had another tank pretty much ready. Second, all that mature rock made the tank ready a lot sooner than it should have. Third, I already had the beginnings of a plan on how I'd move things over.

So... this is obviously not aquascaped. I had to move everything over just to get it out of the Tank-O-Death, and keep it alive. How's that for ruining my plans?

corals+thrown+in.jpg

Wow!!! Sorry to hear that Jason about your 38gal, but glad you got things transferred over! Looks great to me!! What happened with the other tank?? :)

And to think they had just spawned... only days after I was wondering if they had started getting along. I have the egg patch in the new tank, so I'm starting to scramble to see if raising them is even possible. It's going to be a real life Finding Nemo. You're going to get a lot of questions from me. :) BTW, that's cinammon, not tomato. :) It's all about the black sides and pec fins.

Krish, I had a GFI failure. The tank was without power for 12 hours. All fish perished. So far, all corals survived. They've all lost a lot of color, but it looks like they'll pull through. The clams are already happy as... well, clams.

Krish, I had a GFI failure. The tank was without power for 12 hours. All fish perished. So far, all corals survived. They've all lost a lot of color, but it looks like they'll pull through. The clams are already happy as... well, clams

Bummer man, but I'm glad it wasn't a total loss. It could have been much worse :)

Hearing about your tank crash is making me start thinking about a UPS for mine, darn it there goes my extra cash again.
You are lucky everything worked out the way it did having the new tank there and waiting. It looks good.

Tim

so have u had a chance to re-aquascape if u havent u can just take the corals out of the water and put them on a plastic bag or in a bucket for a couple a hours and they will be fine

Hey everyone, sorry for the delay. I'm not able to get onto RF from home, and am still working on finding out why. I'm actually out of state right now.

The tank's been re-aquascaped, but I'll have to share photos when I can get back on from home.

how are the corals doing???
is there any fish in your tank??
I'm sure the tank is doing great!!!! :)

Back