Show me your full tank shots

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Welcome to Rf macronut! Your tank looks nice! How long have you had it set up?

I agree with Gabby JL Smith...How big is your tank??

I really like your tank macronut! Welcome to RF!

Lj Smith, your tank also looks very nice. It looks very clean. What type of filtration/skimmer do you run??? I wish my rock was that clean... I'm battling hair algae at the moment and it's winning... What type of wrasse is that below the bicolor angel??

Thanks for the nice replies. The tank is 90 gal. 20 gal sump. Set up for about 7 months. Just now adding livestock :shock: as I wanted to wait and let the tank mature and team with critters! :)

Tank was going to only house pipefish and a few gobies in the beginning, but have since decided to turn this into a carribbean biotope eventhough the rock is from Fiji. If I had to do it all over again, I would have purchased farmed rock from Tampa Bay Saltwater. Why didn't I think of this earlier? :(

I am now looking for corals from the carribbean that have been propagated to add to the system. I would like to have a lot of macroalgae, sponge, and gorgonians.

ATS filteration. mag 7 on scwd. VHO lighting soon to be upgraded to either 250w MH or 400watters.

Pair of Royal Gramma's
Conch
Nerite snails
Mexican Turbos
Tons of baby brittles, stometella, copepods etc.

I'll post more pics in the future.

Glad you like it, always nice to know others comments :)
Tank is 120 gal, fluval 204,405 external filters, jewel 400 internal filter & a via aqua 400 skimmer, 25w vecton uv, soon to add some kind of overflow & sump system, haven't decided on what yet
The wrasse is a Radiant Wrasse (Halichoeres iridis) :)

Last edited:
Becky, i have a phosban reactor and use something by tlc called marine ats i think. The second i was told that after useing this it would take up to 6 wks to kill the hair algae and i thought it was a downer till the 6 wks mark. Then it all disappeared. Ill show you before and after. But both are wonderful besides making sure your not overloaded and keep up with all the detrius. Nice tank.
clove.jpg

Picture517937722.jpg

Actually before this never grew any coraline. Sorry didnt mean to hijack the thread.

Don't want to discuss a question I have in a post not meant for this topic, but do you like your corallife skimmer. Does produce good dark foam? Looking for a new skimmer for my 90.

Welcome to RF macronut.Beautiful tanks here is a few new shots of the tank before I change the aquascape tomorrow.:)

Nice pics dabears26. Looks like you have a nice size anthelia growing, or what appears to be one. Nice healthy looking clown. Good luck with your rock move tomorrow.:D

macronut - Welcome to Reef Frontiers!!!

Great tank pics everyone!!

Back