Show me your full tank shots

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

My 212 gallon tank:
tankfull.jpg

Very nice photos guys...JasonD, In your full tank shot, the fish to the top left confised me because it looks just like a freshwater mollie! :shock: :p

Krish, I was thinking the same thing. But until the response, mollies can be acclimated to salt. Within a few hours I hear.

Let me know how it goes. Acutally mollies are not only freshwater fish but considered brackish also so who know, they say it works.

tank_pic_7-1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Yes, they are fresh water/brackish mollies. I was having some hair algae problem during my tank swap. I did some reading on mollies in reef tanks. Turns out that are an excellent algae eater. It has been two months and they are doing excellent. They are still cleaning algae off the glass and pumps. They don't seem to go near the corals though.

To acclimate them, put them on a saltwater drip in a 5 gallon bucket. Over a couple of hours, turn the freshwater to saltwater. Then they are ready to be reef fish. I purchased the pair out of a brackish tank, so the adjustment to saltwater would not be so severe. They are active live breeders. The fry can be raised in saltwater, as long as they are not eaten by corals and fish.

That's really cool Jason! Soon you will have everyone going crazy for mollies:p

how do u add a pic

Here's what I use. If you've never used it before just go to the website, use the browse tab to find your photo file, select the size you want the picture to be (I use 15 inch monitor) and upload your photo. Once it has uploaded, just copy the link and paste it here (I use the Hotlinks to forums 1 for my link). Really quite simple:)

www.imageshack.us

Forget posting pics of my 120 gallon tank stuffed with zoanthids.

Here is another pic of my $3 mollies. :) :lol:
mollies.jpg

ROFL! You need to post that picture on the, "Let's talk about algae" thread and show them the new way to control it:p

You have really good eye man! It does look trimmed! I would think that would make the stream a bit wider...Is that the case?

Since I'm here, here's a few shots of my new 38gal cube (FOWLR for now :) )

RedEyeReef said:
tatuvaaj,

Did you trim the nozzel of your streams back? If so, for what reason? They look chopped.

Hey, you have good eyes! :) Yes, they are trimmed. I thought it might give a wider flow and also make them look a bit smaller (my corals are still too small to hide the pumps). I can't really say how much wider (if any) the flow got...

Krish75 Nice cube !! What's the measurments?? I really like that look!!

Thanks man...Where ya been these days??? The tank is 24L x 18W x 20H made out of 1/2 acrylic. I really love this setup much better than anything I've had so far:)

krish75 said:
Thanks man...Where ya been these days??? The tank is 24L x 18W x 20H made out of 1/2 acrylic. I really love this setup much better than anything I've had so far:)

Summer Time:D , their real short here in Michigan:eek: !!!
I really like that tank though!! I'm look'in for a Winter project, and think I just found it!;)
Hows the 75g come'in along??

Back