Show me your full tank shots

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

juanfer

, what kind of food does hi get?????
and for how long has he been with you????
sorry for all the questions

well i feed them mysis shrimp and silversides 2 times a week. i got them about 7 months ago...

its not my tanks it my lfs tank hes got sum really rare ones thats u cant get anywhere and these awsome orange fungia plates not to mention the very large red sea sailfin tang its and 8 foot tank and like 3 feet deep and 3 feet wide it has a skylight which the anenomes love cause there all directly under it the other lighting is 2 400watt 20,000k radiums enjoys this other pic

dsc00157at8.jpg

Can't let this thread die. Let's see updates, everyone! The 38g is now gone, but here's the new and improved 120g!!

fts_20071007.jpg

Sparks, I really like those clowns you have. How much did you pay?

Sherman - How do you make your FTS look so good? What camera are you using?

Last edited:
$35 a piece from a friend who worked at a lfs about 1.5 years ago(yeah that was employee cost). they were selected out of many juvies for blackness and the larger female now has only the slighest amount of light-black (can't even call it brown or orange) on her lower jaw. their semi-hosting that green striped mushroom, but i've yet to see eggs(they wouldn't last long in my tank anyway).

Hey Snowman, I use a Canon 20D. Obviously, this helps a lot. However, I have several steps when taking a FTS.

EDIT: I forgot... Step 0. make sure the glass is clean, and the lights have been on a while, so the corals are "awake."

1. Square up with the center of the tank, left to right.
2. Raise the camera on the tripod until the top of the overflow teeth reach the bottom of the trim. Make sure the camera is shooting level. This way, the lens of the camera and the tank glass should be exactly perpendicular.
3. Lower ISO as low as it goes (ISO 100, in my case).
4. Raise aperture to about f/8.
5. Use the timer, even with a tripod. Or a remote. You don't want your hand touching the camera while it's shooting.
6. Underexpose the photo by 2/3 EV.
7. Go to Photoshop.

Photoshop (All actions are intended to reproduce what's actually seen, not fake it):
1. Crop photo down to all edges of tank. Bottom corners will be narrower than top, because of perspective.
2. Go to Edit/Transform/Perspective and make the bottom square by stretching it to the edge of the image.
3. Use the Heal Tool to get rid of blemishes, specks, or even snails in the wrong spot.
4. Auto Levels. Auto Color. Image/Adjustments/Match Color - Neutralize. Work with this combo, sometimes it pulls out too many blues.
5. Bump saturation about +6 to +8, to make up for some loss in the camera.
6. Potentially increase contrast.
7. Resize image to 800 pixel width
8. Smart Sharpen (typically 400-500%, radius 0.2, Remove: Lens blur)
9. Add border, save as jpg, as high quality as I can while keeping it under 200K filesize.

That was the quick-n-dirty no explaining version. You asked. :)

Heres my recent pic, still setting the corals n stuff. I cant wait till the corals grow in. This has been up for a few weeks. Looks like we have alot of great looking tanks all! wow

DSC02737.jpg

Sherman I like the look of your paint job on the back tank! That is a good blend from blue to black. How did you do it?

Disturbed, I use the 28-135mm IS. I shoot at full wide 28mm, and as close to the tank as that will allow (which ends up being about 4-5 feet). This lens isn't as sharp as the high dollar lenses, but it's an extremely functional walk-around everyday lens.

Roscoe... rattle can spray paint on the back of the tank. I used 5 colors, 1 black and 4 different blues. I knew what aquascape I had in mind from the beginning, intending to leave the left side as "edge of reef" open swimming area as corals grew all over the rest of the rock. My tank thread is here for more information, and the second page shows the actual paints I used:

http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28126

Back