Show me your full tank shots

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

couple shots of a tank

This is a tank at coin nuts in Coeurd'alene.I just picked up this account about a month or two ago.I swaped out the rock,added a 30 long,and new skimmer,and a lot more circulation.Im also starting a 200 gallon planted aquarium in his office(my first),i will post some pics of it later.

thanks for the comments guys and it was nice to see you again Dang.

The tank is a standard 75g.

Ceaser, I am home anytime after 4:00. Just let me know when you have some time to spare. I am going out to Dang's this weekend if you want to ride along. Give me a call to set something up.

Dang how come you did not call me. you should have visited me too... steven and I were just neighbors. :D

I have to come visit you one of these days Dang. promise.
Ceasar,,opps!! throught you bought the house in fairwood still but,,it won't be last time to visiting steve,,pm me your address again please,,i will se you soon.:D

Thought I would bump this great thread back to the top, its been buried for sometime...lets see 'em folks...

DSC_6890Large.jpg

Good call Disturbed! It looks great. I've been following along with your thread...

Katrina,
Where have you been hiding that thing???!!!!! You NEED to post more pics of it! It looks awesome! More details please...

Nick

Thanks Nick.

In an attempt to simplify my life, I took down the 90 gallon this winter with the intent of having one nano tank--a Current USA Solana. After I got all the corals I wanted to keep moved into the Solana, I realized there wasn't going to be room for my RBTA and clowns. Well, obviously I needed another tank :D

A local LFS had a used Zero Edge for sale and I thought it would make a perfect clown/anemone habitat.

It's a very simple system:

Tank - 20 gal hex Zero Edge with integrated sump
Lighting - 250w Geisemann NOVA II and a 3/4w moonlight
Chiller - Ice Probe
Skimmer - None
ATO - Medical dosing pump

It has a triple drain that I keep a filter sock on. I change the filter sock and do a 5 gal water change every week. My top-off is kalk. The top-off is my largest problem--it evaporates 1.5 gal per day. I'm concerned about cooling this summer. I may look into swapping out the Mag return pump for a Eheim.

My weekly maint for both tanks including water changes is only 30 minutes, so I have acheived my goal.

I intend to post some more pics soon--including top downs, but currently it's more of a frag tank than a display. I'll do pics after the frag swap on the 12th.

Last edited:
Hey Kat,
With the increased evap rate, you really shouldnt need to cool the tank down much, if at all. If you keep your house at a comfortable temp, the aquarium should follow. You could swap out the Mag for the Eheim, and that should help out by a degree or two, but I really dont think you'll need to worry about it. A fan blowing over the tank will help out too, but will also increase your evap rate.

Nick

Nick I didn't expect to have a heat issue with all that evaporation, but that 250w light fixture really puts out some heat. The tank temp has gone up a couple of degrees on the few days recently that outside temps have gotten in the mid 50's. Room gets pretty toasty too.

I'd really rather have a 150w, but haven't had any luck trying to sell the 250w.

Guess we'll see what happens when outside temps go up--keeping my fingers crossed :D

Give the Iwasaki 175 lamp a try less heat more light then the 250w and long l life.I get over a year out of the lamps.

Nick I didn't expect to have a heat issue with all that evaporation, but that 250w light fixture really puts out some heat. The tank temp has gone up a couple of degrees on the few days recently that outside temps have gotten in the mid 50's. Room gets pretty toasty too.

I'd really rather have a 150w, but haven't had any luck trying to sell the 250w.

Guess we'll see what happens when outside temps go up--keeping my fingers crossed :D

With the ZE you can force even more evap if your having heat issues. Normally I evap 6.5g per day but can get that up to 11 with a floor fan which really drops the temp.

Don

I'm not sure if I posted to this thread or not,but with 77 pages I stopped checking after 20. This is a new pic. I divided my RBTA myself a while ago,so there are 2 of them.
AFTERlight-10.jpg

Wow! I can't believe two years passed since I posted pix of my tank.. :eek:
Lots of things changed with my tank, that's for sure, but most importantly it is still alive after 6 years... :D

IMG_2782copy_original.jpg

And a tad older actinic shot to show some of the fluorescense. ;)
IMG_2169_original.jpg

And congrats to all who posted shots of their tanks, they are all beautiful. :)

Great tanks everyone. Love all of them. I have only been in this craziness for a little over a year and just can't figure out how you guys do it with out going insane.

Back