Show off your clams here

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

picked up this large beauty yesterday for CHEAP could not say no.

clamser002.jpg

evry nice shot Adams,,your photo skill is get better and better every shot now specially DOF,keep on klicking,,,,:) practice make it perfect:D

Hey Skinz,
I have had that clam now over almost a year. A buddy of mine had it and it bleached out pretty bad. The clam was almost colorless when I got it and now it is finally returning back to its vibrant color. It even has about a 1/4 growth finally showing on it.

Well, I'm envious of the clams posted here but I can't keep them as I only use N.O. fluorescent lamps over all my tanks.
However, I have a squamosa that doesn't need high lighting and it has gone from 2 1/2 inches shell length to about 13" shell length with mantel touching the front and back glass 18"apart in my 65g tank.
clam.jpg

Well, I'm envious of the clams posted here but I can't keep them as I only use N.O. fluorescent lamps over all my tanks.
However, I have a squamosa that doesn't need high lighting and it has gone from 2 1/2 inches shell length to about 13" shell length with mantel touching the front and back glass 18"apart in my 65g tank.
clam.jpg

How long have you been growing that?

Sorry, but the memory is not good at my age but I'm guessing about 8 yrs.
Have to find a new home for it because that tank needs a rebuild and I'm switching it to a seahorse specific tank.

Back