Show Your Skimmer Cups

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

szidls

Gaitor Wrestler
Well I had a day off today and realized I hadn't cleaned my skimmer cup in a week.:eek: So here is the nasty results that I'm sure Mark (Skimmerwhisperer) will appreciate. My Euroreef 8-2 still rocks. Post your pics and share the fun. :lol:. Hold your breath.
Scott

I guess Scott forgot we just had a utility sink installed in the garage.....:badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

Skimmer cup
skimmer%20aso%20006.jpg

i like my skimmate a little more on the wet side...thus, i get two gallons of this a day...

BFDDS138edit.jpg
Wow that's definitely wet skimming. How's your salt level? Really have to keep a close eye if you skim 2 gal a day.
Scott:)

Well glad to see all those skimmers pulling out the nasties.:) Come on Krish where's yours?

Wow that's definitely wet skimming. How's your salt level? Really have to keep a close eye if you skim 2 gal a day.
Scott:)

hi scott,

i check my salinity about twice a week. i admit...it does get a little high...1.027 sometimes...

i use to dry skim and do a 70g water change per week with nsw but now that i wet skim...i just replenish what was lost from skimming along with rodi fw makeup for evap...

i have about 200g total adjusted volume and on full zeovit...it is recommended to have really good skimming and regular smallish (10%) water changes per week...

i am just lucky to be able to get nsw for free at a research facility...;)

wow this thread realy is full of (crap) :lol: :lol: :lol:
It is amazing what our skimmers pull out of what seems to be crystal clear water isnt it??

matt

Don, what kind of skimmer do you use? I see one in your photo gallery that dwarfs the little white car next to it...is that the one? That's some real nasty schmeg!

Don, what kind of skimmer do you use? I see one in your photo gallery that dwarfs the little white car next to it...is that the one? That's some real nasty schmeg!

I dont use that monster. It was just a airstone skimmer I made. Now its Skimming a LFS. I use a little asm.

Don

This is at four days and my absolute limit on how long I will let the cup go prior to cleaning. The stench is about unbearable!!

NOG1.jpg

Those Deltecs are awesome! Ok, now i'm just jealous...I'd post pics of mine, but I'm sure you've seen green tea before. Might be time for a new skimmer, but I'm intimidated by the modifications to needle wheel skimmers to make them a mesh wheel, but even more intimidated by the price of BK:eek:

Back