Sick acro----help id

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

You are now blindly treating corals for an unproven cause. This often leads to much worse problems. Patience and "know before you go" are the best course...
It's not one of my favorites, so what better piece to experiment on? It had no ill effect on the coral what so ever. I don't want to start blindly going about things but if I do have a parasite problem I need to know sooner than later. I really do appreciate your concern and caution though, thank you.:)

Hi Greg,
You can have two corals almost touching and one will have the worms and the other won't. Also they can be difficult to get to come off. The very small ones can be hard to ID but the larger ones you will have no doubt. I would try the A. valida that's one of the favorite corals for the worms. Swish the coral back and forth rapidly in the solution holding it by the base. I used the same solution @4X's the strength.

Regards,
Kevin

update

Well it's been a month since my green slimer fiasco and I honestly don't think I have AEFW. I am not sure what happened to that coral but I've had no problems since. I've dipped several random pieces in the tank and nothing. The A.valida I was worried about seems fine and I now believe the whiter areas were/are just part of it's growth pattern and color morphing. Anyway I wanted to give an update and advise all is well. (knock on wood):D

Last edited:
Back