Sick tang?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hang in there! Sorry to hear about the goby :(. How is your salinity holding up and your pH?

Salinity is good, ph is getting more stable. Nikki what was the web address of the copod site? Oh by the way, the tangs dorsel fin which he must have injuried scraping on the rock has grown completely back

Here it is: Oceanpods. I'm not sure about the copepods surviving in hyposalinity, but perhaps long enough for the mandarin to eat (if that is the purpose of the link?). Ladygator on RF is Dr. Adelaide Rhodes of Oceanpods/Essential Live Feeds. You could send her a PM if you have questions or post your question in her sponsor forum (Essential Live Feeds).

Hope this helps!

I have been reading your thread and how hard was it to get all your fish out.And sorry to hear about the jumper.

Well the tang was easy because he was moving slow. I took the oppurtunity to give my live rock a bath, and re aquascape. So I started removing rock and water. Between catching fish, removing rock and replacing the rock and chaging water it took about 4 hours. Then the cleaning up due to lack of motivation took a littel long.

Friday update. Everyone is looking good!!!!! Still changing lots of water. I saw the mandarin eat live brine shrimp today yeah!!!!!

Ed Hahn said:
They tell me their polyfilter when green indicates ammonia.
Their filter goes blue when removing copper, Orange with iron, green with ammonia etc.
Well you don't want to be color blind at all with these pads. :eek:

PolyBioMarine said:
Copper turns Poly-Filter : Aqua to Blue in coloration. Normally when ammonia is involved there
is also tan to brown coloration from Organics being sorbed
also. Ammonia is a slight yellowish-green for most aquaria. Fish Importers notice
a brown-black when they acclimate overseas imports at a ph
level of 3 -4 pH back into clean water.

Cheers
Steve

:) Steve are you ever going to come to a PSAS meeting? I think I owe you a drink. It would be awesome to see you at the next meeting.
cheers,
Ed

No time soon I think. It would have to be a weekend thing, with no car and work has being so busy, time is not on my side these days. I truel appreciate the offer though. I will dfinately take you up on it if the opportunity arises.
17.gif

Cheers
Steve

Still changing lots of water to stay ahead of the NO2 and NO3. Put some cheto in that had some other macro with it and saw the tang eat a few bites. Finally all fish are eating and looking healthy.

15 days to go and everybody looks good. Still changing lots of water because lots of nitrites. My shrimp are enjoying not having to compete with the fish in my reef tank.

They are doing good finally got the tank cycled. Slowly bumping up the salinity. Hope to start moving fish slowly an by the weekend.

Back