Sigh

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

A hammer is a fine starter LPS. So is a frogspawn. The point all of us are trying to make is that you need to make sure you understand what the corals you want to keep require and that you can/will provide that. Be it light, water quality, flow, room, etc. It's all about good husbandry. Also, check out the latest threads on quarantine tanks. These can be especially usefull for introducing new specimens and treating sick ones.

Good luck.

Was the pocillopora dying from the bottom up or top town? The reason I ask is that my pocillopora always has die off on the bottom. Via poly bail out I think I have ten little babie colonies wandering around the tank. If the tips are dying off its likely something like RTN. From the bottom up could be lack of flow/lighting. Just my 2 cents. Also keep an eye out over the next few months for new colonies propogating all on their own.

I saw some dead spots on the bottom... I dunno if it was the bottom to top, but I saw deadspots on the bottom, and then the tips came coming down.

Back