Small sick blue tang from Petco- Or "I'm a sucker and spend money on dying fish"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thanks Lee! I will follow those instructions. Based on your reply I'm assuming that you are in agreement that this little tang has ich?

Hey Lee.

I am curious about your thoughts on the information posted up. Are the treatments listed in this recent addition to my library valid? If possible could you explain the differences of cryptocaron (ich) and amyloodinium?

What you are asking is beyond the time I budget for my volunteer work here and in two other forums. The two parasites can be investigated using the Internet. Make a chart on the characteristics of each and compare the two.

Did your read the Decision to Cure section of the post: http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/f15/curing-fish-marine-ich-50933/?

Quinine drugs do cure fish of Marine Ich, however they are prescription drugs and should not be handled by hobbyists. They are not 'reef safe' and provide really no advantage to the copper treatment. In fact, there is no 'quinine' test kit for you to use to make sure the right quantity of the drug is present, all the time.

Malachite Green is one of those chemicals that works well in the lab, under a microscope, but in real practical terms does not kill 100% of the parasites. Please put this in context of the above referenced section of that post. :)

Good luck!

I'd like to be more help, but I am inundated with posts that require a direct response rather than referencing what has been written.

Totally understand. I will read into that link again and then hit google up to expand the knowledge.

Back