Some shots of my new cube

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Krish

RF STAFF
Here are a few photos of my new cube. Sorry, the quality isn't the best, but this was the best I could do with my camera for some reason. The spectrum of the tank will be a little different hopefully by the weekend because I am giving up the 250w 12K Reeflux bulb (hate the blue tint coming off of it against the black backround) for a 250w 10K XM which I ordered today.

If you haven't seen the thread showing how this tank was all put together, here's the link http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15623

Hey it looks great. I know you pulled everything from your bigger tank, but did you have any cycling issues?

BTW...The tanks dimensions are 24L x 20H x 18W made out of 1/2 inch acrylic and the sump is 20L x 14H x 14W made out of 3/8 acrylic all custom built here in the Bahamas by a friend of mine's company (Nassau Plastics) for $450 total:)

Hey it looks great. I know you pulled everything from your bigger tank, but did you have any cycling issues?

Thanks!!!:) About any cycling issues, none so far. I used 15 gal of fresh ro/di water mixed with IO and the rest of the water came from the tank. I had to sort through some of my LR to pick out the pieces that didn't have any bubble algae on it which I found out came from those zoo's I added a while back, which left me with not very many great pieces to choose from, but I still managed to get some sort of rockwork going on in there that I can appreciate a bit. Hopefully I can have it all hidden soon with some corals. All I'm really trying to do right now is figure out my new dosages for my B-Ionic, figure out my flow a bit better by fine tuning the nozzles (which will be done as soon as the new lockline valves get here) and putting in my new bulb and letting it burn in. So I'd say hopefully by next month, I'll have everything all ironed out:)

I think it looks very neat dood :D just one thing, what is that tang doing in there? you do know we have tang police in here and your tank is 38 :shock: :lol: .

Nice Krish, very good job man. I am very happy for you. It looks great.
Now get some corals man. K?
LOL

ok now i know how he's gonna get it.
He's gonna name his kid coral and that's as close as he's gonna get :D :lol: :lol: .
It's ok dood take your time :p:D.

How I missed you taking down your 75 and starting a new tank (with a full 16 pages) is really beyond me :p . That aside this looks great, I think you're making the right choice by going with the 10k XM's. BTW, why not add a Stream in there? One cleverly hidden behind the rock work would make it wild in there ;) . Good luck with this new project.

Nice Krish, very good job man. I am very happy for you. It looks great.
Now get some corals man. K?
LOL

Thanks Steve! Corals will be there soon! Rob comes in August;) I'm still trying to get a few things sorted out, but not much more left to do:)

I think it looks very neat dood just one thing, what is that tang doing in there? you do know we have tang police in here and your tank is 38 .

LOL...He's so small you can hardly even see him in there:p I'm going to keep him for a little while seeing he's small and I don't ever have very many fish. When he starts to grow too big, then I'll have to hand him over:)

I like it , nice ,compact. Looks promising,good luck! T

Thanks!!!:) It is pretty small and compact, but like you said, it looks promising and I feel the same way. I can't wait to get some color in there:)

How I missed you taking down your 75 and starting a new tank (with a full 16 pages) is really beyond me . That aside this looks great, I think you're making the right choice by going with the 10k XM's. BTW, why not add a Stream in there? One cleverly hidden behind the rock work would make it wild in there . Good luck with this new project.

Hey man!!!! Where ya been these days???:p Yeah, I don't know why you started that thread about those Tunze nano streams because look what happened!! I got basically a nano! :eek: (LOL) I'll definately get one as soon as they come out. As for the bulb, I'm really excited about getting it to get something really crisp white! You use a 10K right? I was looking at some of your photos the other day and loved how everything looked under your lighting...Thanks for reply man:)

Did you make that stand yourself ?? It seems to match your TV entertainment center well in the pic, looks great :cool:

Did you make that stand yourself ?? It seems to match your TV entertainment center well in the pic, looks great

Thanks man! And yes, I built the stand and canopy myself. I wanted it done ASAP and had some free time so I built it one afternoon (took about 4 hours) and then bought the formica to match the entertainment center and put that on another day as well. :)

krish75 said:
Thanks man! And yes, I built the stand and canopy myself. I wanted it done ASAP and had some free time so I built it one afternoon (took about 4 hours) and then bought the formica to match the entertainment center and put that on another day as well. :)

Nice Job !! christ if I had even half of your cabinet making skills I wouldn't have my current hood sitting on two chunks of 4x4's :oops: :oops:

looks great. I love cubes. good luck

Thanks "fancyfish"! And welcome to RF! I hope you enjoy it here:)

Nice Job !! christ if I had even half of your cabinet making skills I wouldn't have my current hood sitting on two chunks of 4x4's

ROFL! And the funny thing is, I'm not a carpenter by trade and never took any wood working classes. It's just what I picked up over the years messing around with stereos etc. :)

Is there a 3rd thread on the cube that I dont know about?
Just ribbin ya brah.
Looks very nice, just like in the other thread! LOL

ROFL!! I could start another one if you like:p Thanks Maui! Want to hear something funny??? I was looking through some of the first threads of mine when I joined RF and I saw where you posted on a thread of mine back in 2004! I was like What The Heck!! I thought you were a newbie, but I guess you were like me...I posted for a while and took a break and came back here in like June/July of last summer and been here consistently since:)

krish75 said:
ROFL!! I could start another one if you like:p Thanks Maui! Want to hear something funny??? I was looking through some of the first threads of mine when I joined RF and I saw where you posted on a thread of mine back in 2004! I was like What The Heck!! I thought you were a newbie, but I guess you were like me...I posted for a while and took a break and came back here in like June/July of last summer and been here consistently since:)

:lol:
Some of us are just higher up on the newbie scale!

Back