Something has gone terribly wrong!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hi Debbie,

Yes, we live in N. part of Idaho. About 90 miles from Canada, and just a few miles east of the Idaho / Washington border.

Your right, we don't need the chiller this time of year. Setting up the reef tank was a Christmas gift for my wife and myself. I just felt the need to get all the mechanical equipment purchased and installed. I wanted to get everything working well together before Deanne starts growing corals. We don't have air conditioning in our home and I knew a chiller was inevitable. As it is now, our home stays about 65 degrees and the tank stays about 76, without the heater or chiller turning on.

We started with a used saltwater fish setup. It was a pretty complete setup, nice tank & hood, live rock, UV filter, skimmer, well designed refuge, and a variety of fish. We've added MH/PC lights, powerheads, and the chiller.

We have received so much great help from this Forum!

Still lots to learn but we have our first 3 corals growing!

Best Wishes for 2007,
Randy & Deanne

That is wonderful that you are planning so in advance. I am sure all will have great chances at a wonderful life in your tank.

I enjoy reading about your successes so much and not so much about your losses. I think at the begining they are hard to avoid. I am sorry about my spelling.

Thank you for sharing.

Debbie

Back