Sony playstation for Blue Ray?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

i have a separate Blu-ray player... i love it.. it has blu-ray live and 7.1 surround decoder.. i am not sure if the Playstation has the 7.1 decoder..if you are wanting good surround sound, you may want to make sure that the Playstation can play in Dolby Tru-Hd and DTS-HD...my player also has a pretty fast load time.. some of the stand-alone Sony Blu-ray players are very slow from what i've read.

You can, you NEED to have it through HDMI. That's what I read anyways.

Well I got a PS3 for Christmas! I didn't get any games because it was so expensive but I borrowed some from my cousin. Ever since I got an Xbox 360 with HDMI I could never go back to a regular TV, and now I can never go back to regular DVD's. I love Blu Ray! :D :lol:

Well I got a PS3 for Christmas! I didn't get any games because it was so expensive but I borrowed some from my cousin. Ever since I got an Xbox 360 with HDMI I could never go back to a regular TV, and now I can never go back to regular DVD's. I love Blu Ray! :D :lol:

congrats and merry christmas, i know what you mean about the blu rays. it really bugs me to watch a regular dvd

congrats and merry christmas, i know what you mean about the blu rays. it really bugs me to watch a regular dvd

Thanks! Merry Christmas to you too.

Hope everybody had a a great week/holiday. Let's see what PS3 goodies you all got. My brother just got me the Planet Earth complete series on BR. See you all in about 4 hrs. :lol:

My PS3 had a skipping problem with the audio, anyone else had that?
The fix was to format the hard drive which takes almost 5 hours but it works fine now!

Thanks! Merry Christmas to you too.

Hope everybody had a a great week/holiday. Let's see what PS3 goodies you all got. My brother just got me the Planet Earth complete series on BR. See you all in about 4 hrs. :lol:

dude planet earth is sick!!! i have it on hd

There is also an option to be able to hear dialogue when playing at low volume. I have mine playing through surround sound so I don't have any problems hearing it.

dude planet earth is sick!!! i have it on hd

I'm looking forward to watching all 550 minutes of it. Plus I bought Galapagos on Blu Ray can't wait to watch it.

Last edited:
There is also an option to be able to hear dialogue when playing at low volume. I have mine playing through surround sound so I don't have any problems hearing it.

I'm looking forward to watching all 550 minutes of it. Plus I bought Galapagos on Blu Ray can't wait to watch it.

i put mine on surround sound. i have to crank it up more than half way and then if there is an explosion or maybe some gunfire then my house is shaking. ive gone through all the settings on the surround sound and still nothing i need to check the settings on the playstation, but i dont understand all the tech lingo too well

Hey Hey now. PC you are stuck in front of a small screen. Console you can play on as big as a tv your wallet can buy and play it on your nice plush sofa . So Booooooooooooooooo to PC gamers!!!:badgrin::badgrin:

What makes you think you can't hookup your PC to your big HDTV in the living room and play games from the couch? Pretty much all HDTVs come with various inputs for connecting computers (DVI and VGA particularly). My TV is 2 years old and it has 2 DVI, 1 VGA, 2 Component, 1 Composite (crappy), 1 S video (crappy) and 1 HDMI input. I have a computer in my living room connected to my 37" flatscreen. I can play PC games on it, play DVDs or other video files from my PC and stream Netflix to my TV without any silly Netflix console. I have an Xbox that can stream Netflix to the TV, too, but I've never used it for that. PC games are not just for 14" CRT monitors anymore :).

Back