Soyadrink's (Nelson) 50g

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

soyadrink

SOooo... I thought Id do a build thread of my new tank. I'm gonna give you some info on it later but first enjoy the pictures and feel free to ask questions. And yes, I did build the stand ALL by myself :D (I'm proud of that)

front on
tankstand.jpg

top down
topdown.jpg

Bottom of stand
stand3.jpg

joints on top(same on bottom)
Stand1.jpg

Thanks! the tank was made by jason(I can not(ever) remember the name of his company).
The stand is gonna be sky blue and I'm probably gonna put something around it so you cant see whats underneath(getting a sump).

Is it Clear Fabrications that made your tank? How much did it cost? You can PM me if you want. I'm thinking about doing something similar. Thasks

Congrats! Looking good man. I'm very impressed with the stand. Can't wait to see it up and running. Let me know if you need any help (although I'm knee deep in aquarium #@$# up here in shoreline myself...haha) Keep me posted.

ok, I dont have the concentration at the moment to tell you everything about it right now but I'll just go step by step.
The tank is 24"x26"x18" with a 4" section cut off at the back. I think its 3/8" thick acrylic. Jason and me built a a little shelf just bellow those "teeth" in the back so the water can run through a little bit of filter media(very easy to access)

so far I really like it!

Excellent! for the sides I recommend wainscoting it is lightweight cheap and easy to work with;)

Thanks for all the comments!
I'ts hopefully getting filled next week but before then there has to be some sunny days(I dunno about you but we have SNOW here) or I cant paint the stand. I'm drilling another hole today so I can put a sump into the stand. I'm also thinking of drilling another hole near the top right into the black sheet that divides the back compartment so I can put a tunze nano in.

so at the moment I'm looking for a little tank that I can make a sump out of so I can fit a nice skimmer in.

Looking good Nelson. Don't drill any holes without talking about it. We built the floss shelf based on there not being any sump, so if you are going to do a sump, we can maybe get rid of that shelf, and use that area for something else. Perhaps you will do a refugium in the sump?

I just need to fit a better skimmer. maybe if I drill a hole below the rack so that the water flows through the filter media first

would you have any idea how we could do it? I was thinking use the remora for now and then just drain the tank and drill then. possible?

Just use what you got. If you are going to do a sump, then get rid of the remora. If not, then we can mod the remora or get a different hang-on skimmer.

thats what I was going to do. I was gonna get rid of the remora and put the new octopus (is it 200?) into a small tank underneath.

Back