Soyadrink's (Nelson) 50g

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

what questions? I am not getting all the email notices from RF right now. What else do you have a question about?

i don't get what you're trying to figure out. Help me out, are you gonna have a sump? Stick the skimmer in there? I'm still confused. :confused:

I dont even know anymore. I should just get on with it. It's just so annoying that the threads "disappear" way faster then they used to so you gotta bump them back up all the time or they're just hard to find again. sorry My bad

Nelson...drop me a pm or a call...i'll see if I can help you figure some stuff out if you want
I'm no expert by any means but two heads are usually better then one ...even if you're trying to talk yourself through something...you should move this to the member showcase forum..threads seem to stay near the top if they're current builds for awhile...

Nelson, just stick with the hang-on for now and get that sucker running. When it comes time to add a sump, if ever, we can temporarily plug the powerhead hole, drain and drill the back end. You don't need much skimming on a tank that small, especially if you keep up on your water changes. Since you have a method to add a sump later, why worry about it now? Better to spend your cash on good rock, salt, and animals right?

I just said that to myself. I'm probably filling it wednesday. I'll keep everyone updated and thank you all for the advice

hey Nelson I have that 10 gallon sump tank that was sitting on my porch if you want it you can have it I don't mind donating to a good cause then you can come over and make my stand look better :)

Nelson-
I also have a remora. When I upgraded tanks I put it in the sump even though its a hang on then tied it in to my main return pump with a gate valve. You can cut the spillway off and its almost like the urchin. Works even better with MORE POWER.

Are you hanging it on the back with the output cascading into the tank?
Chad#2

The reason I ask is because the down force of the water irritated my soft corals and anemonie's. To fix that I took a blow torch and turned the bottom third of the lip perpendicular to the body of the skimmer. That diverted the down force to surface current/aggitation. Quick and easy. If you run into the same problem let me Know.
Are you doing a mixed tank or sps?

I believe Nelson is installing the skimmer in the back section, not in the display area, so the down-force shouldn't matter.

Back