SPS bad colors :(

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

The photos with the changes.:D

general with lights
abierto.jpg

general
gen.jpg

in order to compare the rate of growth (purple monti cap)
cap.jpg

to compare the change of coloration (eflo)
eflo.jpg

greetings

Wow! I look forward to future pictures! Your tank looks great with the new lights!

Thank you very much!

Now I have let add Coral ABC and jointly with the light we will be following the coloration of the acroporas to aver like advance.

Thanks for your aid.

either they have spent three weeks, since I put into operation the 2 of 400w MH with light bulbs of 20kº, the change or is appreciable.

gennaxoenero.jpg

I imagine that until within five weeks more not habra arrived at its high point.

To see that they think.

Greetings!

Thks all!

next day i'm posting more pics.

Kevin:
have been liking much as they are changing I the acroporas, two brown ones, go for rose, green ones to blue, and thus in other units.
Lps also with very good colors winning in intensity. :D

But clear...:(
my eye I see little light and bluish light. The one of bluish is not very problematic since it does not dislike to me, but the effect of little light that if I do not like much.

I prefer it to have brown acroporas! :rolleyes:
Of course I will almost surely continue with them a time but that I will end up mounting coralvue reefluxe of 10kº

but the effect of little light that if I do not like much.
Hello,
You could add a couple of T5 10,000K bulbs this will keep the corals with good colour but appear to you much brighter (light better to see with).

Saludos,
Kevin

Hello again:

I have a problem lately, one of my ballast abuse and abuse one of my light bulbs causing a change in the temperature of color.

Now already this solved although in the zone that corresponds to him has left something seaweed.

I put the engaged photos to you:

general:
gen_jan.jpg

Lateral:
lat_jan.jpg

perspective:
pers_jan.jpg

I put some photos to you more in detail of the colonies and soon I bomb to you to questions.:D ;)

PD:I want to request excuses to all by my English. I am learning now little by little because of my reef:lol: :rolleyes:

and now the photos of some colonies.

Seriatopora histrix:
I believe that this coral is the one that less it has liked the change of illumination, losing the pink color that he had. Surely that if the light bulbs were of 10kº would be more pink than ever....
seriato_jan.jpg

Pink millepora:
This coral has changed much his coloration, when I bought era of sure pink color darkened itself becoming brown, now when the polyps hide can be seen all the weave of intense pink color.
pinkmille_jan.jpg

Rare acropora:
this colony, to me becomes special very, I bought of color cream. and it seems that it needs a little to return to blue color, but never arrives:(
rara_jan.jpg

Orange digitata:

This follows as spectacular as always, although orange has increased to the intensity of the color orange seeming fire

digiora_jan.jpg

Purple cap:

the same color, but comparing it with the previous photos can be observed that in spite of being light bulbs of 20kº this continues growing very good rate.

cap_jan.jpg

Lastest adition:
This is my last acquisition, is precious! But I fear for that precious blue color. I believe that it will end up disappearing. I will be kind.

blue_jan.jpg

THKS for your time:)

if it does not matter to you I will make some questions to you.

My parameters are the previous ones mentioned at the beginning of this thread.

The only variation is that I have increased my kh in 8º since I have added a calcium reactor.

I add:

-Aminoacids (Salifert)
-Trace Hard (Salifert)
-Strontium (Salifert)
-Magnesium (Salifer)(the deficiencies of the reactor)
-Iodine (Salifert)

Two times a weeks:
-Add rotifers SPS
-Shrimp for LPS

once every 15 days retirement manually the detritus of the bottom

Once every two months:
-Filtration by Phosguad (Seachmen) during one week (altern)
-Filtration By Purigen (Seachmen) during one week (altern)

These are all mís maintenance guidelines.

You would change some?
Some can be improved?
Sugeriments?
Some is erroneous?

any suggestion will be very well received.

Very many thks for your time!

BEst Regards

Your tank looks so beautiful! I'm not sure about the colors of your Seriatopora or the rare acropora, so let's see what Kevin has to say about them. The things I would change with your current supplement regime, if it were my system, is I wouldn't add anymore Iodine, or add any rotifers for the SPS. The SPS should get all the food they need from the lights (photosynthesis) and waste from your fish. Here are a couple of articles on:
Iodine in Marine Aquaria: Part I
Iodine In Reef Aquaria: Part II

Also, don't worry about your English, and you are doing a fine job. It is much better than my Spanish. :)

Thks NaHO2

Me I will read them to see that they say.

After adding iodine in the tank always usually it slightly increases the color of the ends of some acroporas.... peculiar Of course I add controlling and measuring with the test of salifert.

Last edited:
dood, your tank is just awesome !! and really really just beautiful :) .that's all i have to say, i hope Kevin can answer you soon .

Thanks, thank you very much sponge ;)

Sps begins has to return to me terribly crazy. :mad:

Perhaps... she is pure and it lasts genetic?

That all the acroporas that arrive at the Spanish market are of bad quality?

:(

I am very contented of the treatment that receipt on the other hand. they are all very amiable.:eek2:

Back