Stand Build Project

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hey guys... haven't updated in a few days. Not much going on. Wife has been working alot and I have been stretching what little money I have to keep myself busy. I have mostly been assembling brackets and what not.

Today, I caught a mistake that could have posed a big problem. My side door entrance needs to be 16.5" wide minimum. On paper everything worked out fine. So when I measured the distance today I was off by a couple inches. On the verge of a panic attack, I realized that the vertical posts, that are made up of 2-2x4s at a 90 degree angle, were not placed in the right position according to how King Neptune has it (which is the way I am going). Surprisingly, I managed to get one of four posts correct...

Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Hey everyone, once again its time to update. Sorry for not having any pictures, the changes are small and would be not noticeable. I tore the top off and re-did the vertical posts. While I was the I added 2 extra planks in the middle of the bottom frame, added a bunch of metal supports and leveled out the assembly. I am waiting on Payday to get the plywood skins for the final assembly.

All done! Sorry for not keeping up with the thread... FYI that isn't the tank that will be used. I have another of the same tank that I am cleaning up right now. I just placed it on the stand to make room and to bask in its glory! Waiting on stain.

IMAG0009.jpg

IMAG0010.jpg

IMAG0011.jpg

cant wait for temp to increase so I can start staining

Use the lousy weather as a time to take the stand in the house to let it stabilize and dry. You should do this with any furniture you build prior to finishing.

Don

New Guy DTECH07

I'mm a NEW guy to this and needed a NEW stand but not the High price. This is a GREAT site and thanks for the help. Can i get or is there a way to pull down these photo's posted to use ONLY as a reference while i build? Thx again DTECH07 @ confused:

Dtech you should be able to right click them and then save the picture to your computor. We also have a workshop starting up after new year where the project is going to be about building a stand. It will have a step by step tutorial with pictures from a professional furnature maker. take a look for it in the workshop forum.

Looking good focus!! its going to be sweet when shes up and running

Mojo

Back