Starting a new setup. Much help needed!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

If you want to save a ton of cash, I would think about building a canopy. Ive seen them constructed with only a few 2*4 's held together with some screws.

4- t-5's one 660 and 2 250HQI MH's IMHO. the 4 t-5s will kick but! you'll get about 80watts per t-5.......I have seen Big tanks with just t-5's for acro's and what ever.....Just keep them cool.

I changed to all t-5's, i have 3-400MH's and 8 t-5's....Mmm you'll love the color.

Yeah I just love the MH color/shimmer...it makes it seem like your looking into the ocean! would 500W MH be enough?

They say 5watts per gall, but it depends on the coral's you plan on having. THe Color of the T-5's you will love! They have some sweet blues that make the corals POP!

mike.jpg
There ya GO! Sounds like your off to a great start! Post some pix of your progress. Happy reeffing!

Joker

I purchased that light about 6 weeks ago for my 75, great light, mine also came with a nice hanging system that is adjustable to help acclimated the higher light outputs for you tank inhabitants. Also not that that light has external ballast unlike your 150 one which is built in. The ballast(2) are large.

Back