Steven's Mixed Reef! (lots of pics)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

if they are out of whack, i can get help on the thread on how to correct. Thanks again!

But that is what you are trying to avoid right? is to worry little thing like these... If it looks good then it must be right. right? You are the only person that i know of who has a fix hood and needs to unscrew them before you can access them.... and you are correct with your logic, so that it will stop you from fiddling with your tank. And I agree with you with that, sometimes when we fiddle, we create more problems than fix it.

With that said.

I will post the results later when I got home.

Ok as promised.

Stevens tank.

CA = 380 (ideal 420)
ALK = 3.5 dkh (ideal 8.40)
PH = 7.7 (ideal 8.20)
Salinity = i forgot to test it, sorry.

There you go. Now i dont know how in the world his tank is that beautiful.

Ok as promised.

Stevens tank.

CA = 380 (ideal 420)
ALK = 3.5 dkh (ideal 8.40)
PH = 7.7 (ideal 8.20)
Salinity = i forgot to test it, sorry.

There you go. Now i dont know how in the world his tank is that beautiful.

ALK 3.5 dkh...:lol:

-Just got back tonight from Stevens house and that is one of the cleanest and well put together tanks I've seen yet! Awesome variety of corals and fish! I also want to say thank you for the frags that you gave me! I already super glued them in and so far so good! I think I have room for a couple more corals but that's it...:lol:

Thanks again!

Jason - it was nice meeting you and thanks for the kind words.

The params do look on the low side. I am tentative to try to correct though since things are going so well. What is the average calcuim level in freshly made salt water? I had done a water change two days before you came over Cesar. Whould that drop the calcium level or am i still on the low side of "fresh" salt water?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Instant ocean runs a little light on Calcium. Your reactor will take care of it. Dosing to fix, often starts new problems that then need fixing. Your tank and parameters with all those fish is excellent.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Instant ocean runs a little light on Calcium. Your reactor will take care of it. Dosing to fix, often starts new problems that then need fixing. Your tank and parameters with all those fish is excellent.

All what fish? I only have a couple. :rolleyes:

Im with Mike.

Maybe on a low side... but its balanced. that is whats important.

Steven if I may. If I were you I would do a kaulk drip,Rough up your sand bed and vacume it out, take all your rock out and boil it with bleach, turn your skimmer down and turn up cal reactor, more bubbles and slow your drip down.
Most important, tape a flashlight to your tank so that there is a light on all the time that will help with your PH. Hope this helps. Talk to ya soon your pal/tracy

Or you could break all your corals off at the base, and crush them up and toss them into your sump. After the tissue all dies the skeletons will help buffer your PH.

just kidding steven.... Steven and I are friends!!!
I dont want your thread to get locked.

Brett - Tracy already tried to detissue my corals. He sent a teddy bear crab over that was hidding in a "free" coral. Now i know why that coral was free. You gotta watch that guy.

Back