Steven's Mixed Reef! (lots of pics)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Well I guess you want to sit back and enjoy ,and you should it's much work getting your tank up ,and running stocked,and maintained.To bad you have the custom shape the standard 75g woulda made a nice fuge or sump when you do decide to up the ante$

I am going to do a red bug treament tonight. I have about 100 gallons of water in the whole system so i was thinking that a 1/4 of a 23mg tablet of interceptor should do the trick. Any advise?

pray for them! There is no way for me to catch the shrimp and or crab. Is my star going to be alright?

JMO. I can tell you first hand. leave the treatment in. DO NOT DO A WATER CHANGE. It will save you from the other Three,Four, Five and so on treatments. I lost all my Acro crabs and a few hermits. All 6 cleaner shrimp, pods,stars sally L foot Etc survived. Take out carb, shut dowm skim. What I mean by that is no bubs.
Do a light treatment and then add a little more four or five days later.

Is my star going to be alright?

No idea, probably better chance of survival than the shrimp & crabs. If your star dies, I'm going to use intercepter on my Astarina LOLOLOLOL

Good luck pal, I probably need to do the same with all the corals I have bought, but never bothered to look with high magnification

You better watch it scammer. Karma is going to get you good!!! Mike told me all about your little visit.

So i did a redbug treatment last night. All of my hermits were looking like drunk bums. It didnt seem to bother my cleaner shrimp or snails. As of this morning before i left for work, the status had not changed. cleaners and snails were doing their thing and the hermits were still passed out. I guess i will just keep my fingers crossed.

Update- casualty numbers are 1 cleaner shrimp, a handful of hermits and a whole bunch of redbugs. i have two cleaners and one is doing just fine, the other one completely disappeared. other that that, the tank seems fine. hopefuly this is the last time i have to do a treament on my display. from know on, everything will be qt

Back