Suggestions on cheap high head pressure pump for waste water

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jrgilles

Hey guys, was wondering if one of you might have a suggestion for this.

I am looking for a CHEAP high head pressure pump. Maybe 120 GPH at head pressure, but that doesn't matter that much.
Purpose: Pump waste water out of my basement (55 gallon drum) occasionally when I want to empty it.
Head pressure: about 6' high, but goes out of the house through a garden hose (so maybe a few coils in it, say 8' head pressure maybe?)

Looking for something cheap. Don't care about effieciency (as it will only be on maybe an hour a month) and don't care about heat, as it is in my cold basement in a waste water container. It can be very noisy. Actually noisy is better as it will help me remember that the pump is running.

Mag 7's or mag 9.5's look like they would do the trick, but hoping I can find something cheaper. The pump I have (got used) is on its last legs. Not sure if it was really meant to take this head pressure...

Any suggestions would be great, or if you have a noisy pump capable of the task sitting on a shelf somewhere.....

rob

Just checked what I am currently using, at it is a Mag2 pump. Guess that explains my head pressure issues.... Maybe I don't need to go all the way to Mag7, as this one was working for awhile

Still looking around. Mag7 is $85 prime shipping on amazon. The 5 is $75 prime shipping and the 9.5 is $88 prime shipping.

Maybe I just get the mag 9.5 since it is 3 dollars more. Way more power than I need, but for 3 bucks, why not make it faster......

Let me know if you guys have any suggestions

Back