Sump configuration advices needed - Aqueon Proflex Model 4

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

tvdao

I just picked up a new Aqueon Proflex Model 4 and tried to figure out how I would arrange it. Most logically is to place my skimmer in the second chamber after the filter socks area, then return pump in the last chamber but it seems a bit wasteful since the third chamber is huge and could serve as a refugium.

The other idea is to put both the skimmer and return pump in the second chamber and use the third one for refugium but the problem that I ran into is that the water level varied and messed up the function of the skimmer.

The recommended configuration is refugium in the second, skimmer and return pump in the last but again same issue with water level problem.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 20161018_070848_resized.jpg
    20161018_070848_resized.jpg
    44.6 KB
  • 20161018_070818_resized.jpg
    20161018_070818_resized.jpg
    49.6 KB
Return the sump and get one without the headache. Or use an ATS in place of a refugium. The way this sump is built your options are limited.

Any updates?

I have decided to not have a refugium and use the second chamber for my skimmer. My skimmer is a bubble king mini 160 and it is super sensitive to water level so the third chamber isn't the best location for it. Thanks for checking in. This site is pretty dead.

Back