Suprise

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

j.and

Well i came home lastnight to two suprises.

1. My Marine Depot order- Seio 1500 to go along with my 2 620's in a 72 bowfront. Salifert test and salt.

2. My Kole Tang dead outside of the tank........ what would make him jump out???

BTW.... the 1500 Really kicked it up a notch!!

Fish usually jump when spooked or stressed, seeing you just got test kits, I'd see what your water quality is at, you don't want to continue to loose fish. New toys are always fun, last night I finally got 50lbs of Jartica LR.

Good observation Scooter, but i already had test kits, just wanted to upgrade. My leather coral, shrooms, and polyps look great. The arrow crab that i have had about 2 weeks molted and almost looked to double in size. How do you like the rock you got, where did you get it? I'm getting ready to order some more as well.

Congrats on the new stuff and bummer on the fish. My clown jumped out of my tank earlier this week as well. Like Scooty said, if easily spooked they will, but in my case, I had 2 corals die which brought on a bacterial bloom which depleted oxygen some and I guess made my fish jump looking for air because the other was gasping near the top of the tank. Hope it was just a fluke for you and all is well in your tank:)

It is nice rocks from sharks reef, I called Eric & asked for large pieces, & I think it came out really nice but I will order one 50lb or two 25lb rocks from the Marine Center of Dallas, the XXL rocks will allow better looking structure, then I can cover it with the rocks I have now. I'll only do about 100lbs of rock in my 125. Check out my thread, last pages.

Hey Krish I saw the thread about your clown, its not fun finding a few fish on the floor!
What do think about my flow, i've had some strange looks when i told someone i was putting a 1500 in with two 620's, a powersweep, and the Remora Pro with the Rio1400. The Xeina seems to love it!

Okay, don't mean to hijack. Last night my clown decieded to jump into the overflow, somehow make it thru my durso standpipe, over the brand new filter sock, through 4 baffles filled with media to reduce micro bubbles, just to be eaten by my external!

Now thats a hell of a ride!

Back