T5 Lighting recommendation

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Just figured out the UVL SA is the pink one I hate. hahahahahahaha Is it not pink on your tank? Almost ordered it too! URI and UV are the same company. Go figure. The URI actinic is ok, but weak.
I am very picky about color so may be impossible to satisfy, actually. I want the coral to have their colors like they did before with the borrowed t5 light and bulbs. The hydnaphora is brown and when in other tanks it's metallic green. That is bad :) I don't care to make the tank blue or purple, but the corals could definitely look better. Now to find an LFS with giessmans...
Kate

I think skimmerwhisperer was trying to say is why get an actinic when you can get a bulb like the blue + that has the same color but twice the par value. They have just been passed up with the better bulb's with the same spectrum.

I think skimmerwhisperer was trying to say is why get an actinic when you can get a bulb like the blue + that has the same color but twice the par value. They have just been passed up with the better bulb's with the same spectrum.

Nope. SA bulbs are 420 NM spectrum. There is no other bulb that produces that spectrum. Look it up.

I think I got the actinic white confused with the superactinic as others say that is a pink bulb. Sorry about by confusion, and especially sorry if it led to anyone else being confused.

Thanks for the link to Grim's thread, it is great! I can't search reefcentral so rarely use it. When I try I get a message that the search function is overloaded but if I want to pay for membership I can use it. I only look at forums once every few months so am not up to paying.

That and the people are nicer on reef frontiers! Usually. :)
Thanks,
Kate

Back