Tang police, I need answers

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

My understanding is that Chocolate mimic tang and yellow mimic tang would both be good choices for a tank that size too. The Chocolate mimic is very cool looking, and the yellow mimic in my mind is cooler looking than the yellow tang. Plus, both of them are not as aggressive, I've heard. I don't have any tangs, but I'm going to in the future, so I'm no expert - it's just what I've heard.

I'm glad to hear that Mac, in the pic he looks much bigger. Vlamingi tangs tend to have that goofy teenage look until they are over 10" though!

A chocolate tang would probably be ok for a 90. They get fairly large but don't grow that quickly (ime). Mine is around 7" but I've had him for years in a 6' tank, I really don't expect him to get much larger in captivity. He doesn't dart around the way that my other tangs do, I could see him being just fine in a smaller tank.

Hey Earl

It looks like happy times for ya, was checking out powder tang, nice fish and may be one for me soon. On another note, I little slow on 180 but making some good progress. Thinking about adding a few more residents to future 180, nice to see you doing good

He was right up against the glass in the picture, it is about 18 inches from his position to the nearest piece of live rock, he looks really cool when he fans out, and also really cool in the dark... Almost a camouflage and the blue spots change colors

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Back