Tank turned 41 years old

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Let me see, I think I have everything. I wonder if I can carry one more coral
urchin006.jpg

These guys just laid another batch of eggs. This time they are in between some rocks that they really have to jamb themselves into. It is amazing they have any scales left after squeezing into this place. Maybe tomorrow I will try to move a rock to see them. I may topple the entire tank to do it though.
Gobi005.jpg

wow .I know when times I say to myself."just sell it bag this get a garage",I remember If he can do it for this long soo can I ,Just wish I was closer to ocean.Happy tank day!

I remember If he can do it for this long soo can I ,Just wish I was closer to ocean.Happy tank day!

VWMoneypit, just because my tank is old does not mean it is great. There are many much nicer tanks on here than mine. I am just older than most people here.
I also have other expensive hobbies but don't forget, they are hobbies and if needed we could flush everything and save a lot of money.
But it does make us happy.
My family has been going through a lot lately and I find myself just sitting in the dark alone looking at the tank which is much better than looking at myself in the mirror :eek:

Well just remember u must be a fighter to make it this long with a tank and in life.I look at everyday and all the "things" thrown at me to deal with as a challenge.If i can make it 5 yrs without crashing and giving up on this or my life.I can do anything...l.o.l. Kep your head up and enjoy that u woke to have another day.Thats the bottom line!!!

I look at everyday and all the "things" thrown at me to deal with as a challenge.

I don't find life like that at all. I think it depends on the things that happened to you in your life. If nothing bad ever happened to you than everything seems to be on the edge of a bad thing. Like a doctor, he sees sick or dying people every day so if he sees an accident with some dead people, it is no big deal but if someone who never saw a dead person sees the same accident, it will leave a bad memory and maybe upset him.
I myself saw and was in a good amount of combat which I felt was a bad exrience. Now everything that happens to me that is not as bad as that is a piece of cake.
If my house burns down, my car gets stolen and my hippo gets ich all on the same day. I will find myself thinking, well its not as bad as combat so it is no big deal.
Anyway, thats my philosophy of life. Sometimes my wife will say to me after some type of event "what are you? Dead?
I guess parts of me are, but not the important parts :D

I got the gonopora up on it's new pedistal
Gonopora017.jpg

Here is the thing in the building process
Gonopora011.jpg

And here it is on the sand.
Gonopora007.jpg

I think I will get another 5 bumblebee gobies. I miss them. They are nice and colorful and of course odd. And most of all $2.99 each. I am just concerned that my watchmans which are huge now will like them also. The four watchmans that I have are all spawning. Actually I think I have five of them but they hide a lot especially when spawning so I really don't know how many there are. They also always lay their eggs in the most un opportune places where I can't see them or even feed them. I just shoot worms back terer and hope they are finding some. They never come to the front of the tank anymore. Too bad I can't fool them and turn the tank around.
I also need another male blue stripped pipefish as I don't see him any more either. They only last about two years and I think the cute little female worked him to death if you know what I mean. The males carry the eggs and it does look un comfortable.
I have been "feeding" my gonopora with oyster eggs. I know that is considered the best food for them, especially the large tentacled white ones but I really don't think they eat them. I know they look like they are eating them but even when I squirt dirt on them, I get the same response. I would like to have one to disect and see under a microscope but I don't want to cut the thing up, not yet anyway.
The gorgonians I know like to eat oyster eggs and that is also what I give them.

I also think I am going to give away a couple of butterflies, wrasses and that burrfish. When I go away, I can't get someone to feed them as well as my reef. I used to use my Mother N Law for that but she is old now and has been in the hospital for the last month.
Maybe I could set up the tank next to her in the hospital. I wonder if medicaid would cover the food. :rolleyes:

Still amazing to see a tank that has been around for that many years.

Congrats on a great tank and here's to 38 more years.

Paul,

Congratulations, yes, seeing the results of your tank after 38 years, even made my desire for a bigger tank (with complete setup) even more then before.

Job well done.

Han

Thank you Santa,

Yes, I have behaved very good this year, helped a lot of people, just going through a rough time after loosing a dear PD friend....

Very thoughtfull of you to think about me and to make my dreams come true.

Merry Christmas
:)

Dear Santa

I know that the economy is tough, therefore I am looking myself to purchase a so to speek "plug and play" Tank of minimum 50 gallons, with Sump, Canopy, stand, lights etc (must be overflow) for a desent price.

I just don't to empty out your wallet, there are people who need a gift from you more then I ever do. Please Santa, take care of them first, because I am patient and can wait.

Me

:)

Back